Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found the limits of the stock TQ arm!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Well, the DA was about 2800-3000ft. I have Hooker LT's, Mufflex 3" y-pipe, and a Corsa cat-back. There is no way I would be close to 118 mph. THe car makes 351 to the wheels. It is also still pretty heavy. 3600 with me in it.
Ok that explains it. Your car is underpowered for your mods. Normally a 306 will put out about 350rwhp with stock heads and around 400rwhp with heads. Your heads must not flow very well. Who ported them? Your exhaust might be holding you back 10-15hp as well. I would get a cutout if I were you.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:28 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Freaklt1
Ok that explains it. Your car is underpowered for your mods. Normally a 306 will put out about 350rwhp with stock heads and around 400rwhp with heads. Your heads must not flow very well. Who ported them? Your exhaust might be holding you back 10-15hp as well. I would get a cutout if I were you.
What do you mean by 'that explains it'? What's the DA out there in the desert of Mesa? My car may be underpowered, but that is not the point of this thread. I didn't ask anyone about my setup or how it compares to others. I was stating a fact that happend to my SUSPENSION while I was at the track.

By the way, I can't recall ever seeing a heads/306 car trap in the 118 range. 114 yes, but 118, no.

My heads flow pretty decent for what is done to them. They have only been cleaned up a little bit, gasket matched an they have 2.00", 1.56" valves in them. They flow 248 on the intake at 0.600, and 210 on the exhaust at 0.600. Who cares who ported them.

I highly doubt my exhaust is holding me back that much. I'm not you, so I will not get a cutout. I don't like them. I don't like how they sound.

I really don't care how my setup runs right now, because it is going to be totally different in the spring.

For future reference, when replying to a thread, keep it on topic. Don't bash someone on their setup if they didn't ask for it. If I would have asked about my engine, or if I asked why I wasn't running 118 mph like you said I should be then bash away. But I didn't.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i did too. i lonched my m6 on m&h racemasters and it riped the stock tq-arm off causing my driveshaft to snap and bending my shocks like a boomerang.