Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-cut Ls 4th gen motor plate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Pre-cut Ls 4th gen motor plate?

Got an opportunity to possibly help out some of us 4th gen guys. The way I see it the more metal left on the plate while still being able to slide right in the car the better. Then after mocking it up in your car you can trim to how you want depending on your accessories or turbos. It'll be based on a 12"x36" plate, mocking it up on my car right now with factory k-member, factory clamshells with new polly mounts and factory stand. So motor should be extremely close to factory location. I have a rough template bolted up now.

On the right side frame rail I had to put that notch in my plate because the tab coming off the nut in the frame for the k-member just barely contacted the plate. I'm sure some cars will hit and some won't so I won't put that notch in the final template. I'll also tighten up the gap on the left frame rail.

Now onto fitting to the inner fender. The cardboard on there now is pretty much just eyeballed and I was going to scribe it to 1/4" gap. Once I stood up and looked down on it I realized the 1/4" gap wouldn't work as it's actually under the inner fenders. So I'll open up the gaps that are vetically under the inner fender to allow some rooms to lift the motor and plate to be pulled.

Anything that anyone can come up with that you think might make it better for anyone let me know and I'll try and work it in.

Quick Reply: Pre-cut Ls 4th gen motor plate?