Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track legal kirkey

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Track legal kirkey

Hello everyone, stupid question here but is there anyway to brace a kirkey seat without a cage/roll bar, my car is currently seatless and my cage won't be in till next year I was going to go ahead and get the kirkey so I didn't need to buy twice as I have no seats at all, but I don't want to not pass track tech, car only gets drove 1 or 2 times a month if that to town and hauled to the track. I'm not sure if it would pass without a brace I'm not to concerned about on the street. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

If you dont have the rear seat in you can make a bracket that goes down to the floor where the lower cushion used to bolt. And i think one company makes a harness bar, maybe you could tie a bracket into that.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Old 05-29-2018, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's what I was thinking was running a bar down to the back if it will pass tech, local track don't care if you even got a seat belt lol sign a waver at the gate kinda place but a few other tracks are a little stricter, the car is already a death trap anyways lol no air bags no crash bars no dash support tubular bumper supports ect. It's all getting upgraded as I go for next year but till then I still want to drive it to the meets but like I said it currently has no seats and I'm wanting to get a little seat time on it on and off the track, until I get the cage in this winter I may end up trying to just find a cheap oem ragged one local
Old 06-07-2018, 08:51 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Basically the answer is no. If you don’t have a roll bar, or cage in the car you should not be putting a racing style seat of this nature in. They need to be anchored to the back, and if you’re going to try to rig something up to the floor or whatnot, if I was a tech guy I’d see the rig job and wonder what else I’d like that.

Use the weight loss to offset the cage when you do it, it’s not worth the headache/safety risk to do what’s you’re thinking.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

They definitely flex with no back brace also.