Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto has a screw in it

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto has a screw in it

Noticed today that one of my Nitto's has a screw head in the tread. Put a little water on it and it is leaking slowly. Can this be repaired or is the tire unsafe to use. Unfortuanately the Nitto's are almost new.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:42 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Nitto has a screw in it

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bama-ss:
<strong>Noticed today that one of my Nitto's has a screw head in the tread. Put a little water on it and it is leaking slowly. Can this be repaired or is the tire unsafe to use. Unfortuanately the Nitto's are almost new.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you got them from discount they should have a warranty.If not then I guess you could try some fix a flat but I would just have it looked at by a tire shop and see what they recommend.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: Nitto has a screw in it

I would go to a tire shop and have them patch the tire. A patch is actually as strong/stronger than the original tire itself.

Stay away from the fix-a-flat type stuff unless it's an emergency. They will goo up the wheel and pretty much ruin the tire, and you'll never be able to balance it again even if you managed to have it repaired.