Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Al Battery Box sufficient for NHRA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004 | 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Al Battery Box sufficient for NHRA?

I did a search and read through quite a few threads, but no one came out and stated it simply...

"Required by NHRA when there is no firewall between driver's compartment and battery..."

Does a sealed aluminum battery box that complies with NHRA rule 8:1 cover all of the bases in the case of our f-bodies w/ no firewall between the driver and trunk? Will I still need a kill-switch?

(btw, I'm referring to the Taylor Al box offered via thunder racing)
Old 07-29-2004 | 05:37 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

You will need a kill-switch Brother.

Coach
Old 07-29-2004 | 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Coach 02 A3 Z/28
You will need a kill-switch Brother.

Coach
crapola...

looks like it'll have to go in the license plate then... my only concern and why I asked is that I have to park the car for weeks at a time in west Philadelphia - I'm a little nervous as to what the punks will think of a switch on the outside of the car...
Old 07-29-2004 | 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

I'd get a switch with the push/pull handle and take the handle off when you're not racing. Either that or make a jumper to put on the switch when you're not racing. I wouldn't want to leave an open invitation like a kill switch out in the open in Philly.
Old 07-30-2004 | 06:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by theblur98ss
I'd get a switch with the push/pull handle and take the handle off when you're not racing. Either that or make a jumper to put on the switch when you're not racing. I wouldn't want to leave an open invitation like a kill switch out in the open in Philly.
I would do exactly what he said, get a switch that is push/pull drill the hole behind your license plate, when at the track take the plate off and install the handle, when you are not at the track take the handle off and put the plate over the hole
Old 07-30-2004 | 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

well, seeing as how I won't be a serious track car, any shops sell a cheap push/pull switch? I looked at some of the sponsors and I only saw turn switches...
Old 07-30-2004 | 10:57 PM
The Bull

Flaming River sells a switch, so does Moroso. Summit Racing carries them both. It's a high amp high current disconnect switch. You can't use a simple switch for this.