Sponsored by:

New Bogart racing style rims available

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 11:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New Bogart racing style rims available

Ruquickr,

another thing to consider since it appears your really counting your weight is loosing weight from using much smaller lugs and studs.

The prostars require approx 1.3...inche sized lugs, the force 5's should be in the neighborhood of .5 inches which will bring the weight of your lugs essentially in half.. Not to mention, your studs can be shortened up to an inch. These reductions alone will net you a few lbs over all the wheels easily.

Steve Monte
Old 12-23-2002, 11:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: New Bogart racing style rims available

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by steve10:
<strong>Bruce,

Thanks for the compliments!!

You have the VERY first production set of D10's specifically made for an LS1 car. Actually, you have the VERY first set of ANY production bogart rim specifically designed for an LS1. You need to add that to your sig :-)

Ruquickr,

I hesitate to give exact numbers as I hate to be pinpointed for being off by a small number. Keep in mind some styles may be a few ounces different in addition to welding material may change the weight.

Essentially though if you have a plain force 5, each wheel will be 6.75 lbs.

Using a plain force 5 rear 10 inch would be 8.5 lbs.

Don't hold me to these weights though if they are .25 lbs off please. changes in backspacing effects the overall weight as different sections must be used when building these.

There are a few things to look out for when considering these rims for all others reading this. First off, Bogart recommends your race weight being not too much greater then 3200lbs espcially if your doing huge wheel stands.

Second, aftermarket calipers and rotors are necessary ie mark williams etc to make these work well.

Finally, these are definitly a race only rim and should not be used on the street at all.

Hope this information helps!

Steve Monte</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks...race weight will not be an issue, brakes will not be an issue (changing over the winter), lug nut weights alreay considered, etc. I am not worried about 0.25# or so on the wheel weight, I just don't want a "8.5"# wheel to turn into a 11 or 12# wheel if I'm at 14# on the rears now (not including lugs). BTW, I'm probably changing to drive studs in the rear, so, extended lugs won't be needed on the rear either way.

You can email me at ruqwikr@yahoo.com with prices for the Force 5's (front and 15x9.75 or 10 rear - stock width rear end). Take care. Dave

Quick Reply: New Bogart racing style rims available