Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heads up....10% Bogart drag rim price INCREASE.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 09:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: heads up....10% Bogart drag rim price INCREASE.

If you would prefer to discuss this via email or telephone I would be glad help you further. I will make a final response to your comments. I do not wish to create an argument with you; your message was sent too late before I could do anything for you.

As mentioned previously, I responded to your first email at 1130 pm when I wasn't at work. Your initial email was sent at 830 pm. Though the internet is 24hrs, most businesses aren't. I did respond to you at that late hour to let you know I did read your message and gave my initial response to your wanting to purchase them on the 1st of the month. I do not recall seeing a response back as you have stated. Even so, your email, if seen would not have been viewed until the next day.

I gave everyone as much of an advanced notice regarding the price increases that I could. It's unfortunate that you read this post the last day before the price increase and responded to me after the operations day end.

Cost for items go up over time. Bogart rims have been the Cadillac of the drag racing world. They have typically been more expensive then other rims. In my opinion, there are many advantages that weigh-in over the competition that validate the difference i.e. weight, appearance/style, fitment, quality. Even though the rims have increased in price, they are still worth every penny.

Steve
Old 05-03-2003, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm well I still do not have your quote?
And I still don't have your second email.

I got the quote..hmm I am not very stong in math but the 10% price increase went to 35% Nice Job Steve
Old 05-07-2003, 03:35 PM
FormerVendor

Hmm well I still do not have your quote?
And I still don't have your second email.

I got the quote..hmm I am not very stong in math but the 10% price increase went to 35% Nice Job Steve
Smart head comments don't go far with us. You have been unreasonable to deal with and is a vendors worst nightmare for a customer. It seems you only like to think what you like, not what is the truth.

You were correct about one thing, your math is poor. Though its not a 10% increase as initially stated, corporate changes were made after this post. MSRP went up 19.9% for fronts and 23.75% for rears (standard F-body rims).

Furthermore, this post was not to be a technical post of exact price increases, you missed the point. It was a post that was to let everyone know whom was on the fence regarding to purchasing a set to get on the ball and pick them up before the price increase.

I know you are sour about not being able to pick them up at the old pricing; there was nothing that I could do for you as you were past the deadline. We gave everyone as much of an opportunity to purchase the rims before the deadline. I could have said nothing about any price increase and just let it "happen"...but I wanted to give the F-body guys a chance to save a few bucks.

Now that you are unhappy you feel it necessary to bad-mouth our business and our lines... many know us to have a much different opinion of us then what you feel.

We normally bend over backwards for people to help them the best we can. The same went for you as I personally made certain your emails were responded to, even when our business was closed for the day's end.

Steve

Moderators please lock this post as it is dead now.

Old 05-07-2003, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

I am not sour. I was told there was a 10% price increase I missed it. Bummer because I tried hard to make it. so I said oh well I will just wait for the qoute and get them anyways. I asked for it last thursday.I got the qoute on tuesday after being promissed it by no later than friday afternoon.I will give you good grades on emailing me after hours to let me know I missed it.

When I get the qoute I see the price went up to 433 from 320 is that only a 23.75% price increase? it looks like 35% to me

I also have not made your company look bad. And I have not resorted to name calling or bashed your company in any way on these forums
Old 05-09-2003, 03:33 PM
FormerVendor

Brent,

I believe there were some mis-understandings here...after your comments made to me personally (which when I represent Bogart and my company...its an attack on everyone), it was clear to me you didn't want futher dealings with us because we couldn't accomidate your request of purchasing them on the 1st of May at the old price.

There was no mention to us you were still interested. You appeared very argumentative to me thus the ball was dropped as we didn't want to further waste your time or ours...by your last email to us, I felt the observation we made was correct.

The particular rim you are interested in was never 320.00. It is priced in the P2 category therefore higher priced. ALL other P1 rims are less expensive then the bolted RT's.

Emails are fine, but real person to person contact is much better. I don't have a problem calling on my dime if one is interested or has questions...

The rims you considered went from a MSRP of 351.00 to 433.00 which actually to be acurate its almost exactly 23.36%... I just rounded the number up.

As most of us know, I personally am very forgiving and go the extra distance to make sure they are completely happy. This was the case for you in which I emailed you even after we were closed.

I didn't appreciate the jabs at me personally through your emails and comments on the board. It was uncalled for especially since I was trying to help you the best that I could. The best solution would have been since you were running real late to just call us at 8:30 and I could have taken care of you on the spot...

If your still interested in the rims, call us and I will personally take care of you...the slate is wiped clean on my end. If you so choose to still not deal with us directly it is ok by me. Regardless of your decisions, the best one that you can make for quality, style, performance and fitment IS the Bogart line.

Steve
Old 05-09-2003, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

The best solution would have been since you were running real late to just call us at 8:30 and I could have taken care of you on the spot...

Thats exactly what I did, called on the last day and left a message and he got back to me a few minutes later. Steve went ahead and invoiced them for that day so the price would be locked in, even though I couldn't get payment to him a few days later. Needless to say I was happy camper.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

what jab at you? where after not getting a quote for 5 days I asked if the waiting of 4-5 weeks was for the quote or the shipping times on the rims? It was a joke,sorry it hit so close to home

If the rims were priced different than the regular p-1 series rims why didn't it say that on your site?Big misunderstanding I guess.No biggie like I said have a nice day.
Brent
Old 05-10-2003, 04:17 AM
FormerVendor

You seem to twist words around...below is your exact email to us....in fact this comment was the ONLY words you wrote in your email.

"are you ever going to send me any new prices or is the 4-5 week period waiting time mostly due to you not getting back to me?"

I don't think the above statement that you emailed me was in humor at all nor would anyone else reading it feel this way.

Two of those 5 day's were non business day's, once again, nothing was done(nor was the estimate going to be sent so not to waste your or our time) since it appeared your interest completely dropped by your comments. We are not going to try to push a sale on someone whom is not interested.

Your estimate WAS emailed out to you when you demonstrated continued interest WITHIN 7 MINUTES of your response. You emailed us at 10:29am and your estimate was sent by 10:36am.

Prices are indicated on our site, I recently moved notation for the bolted RT's so that it is easier to understand. Your quote was sent and stated the entire breakdown of the items in question...but ONCE again, a phone call would have helped tremendously for any confusion you may have had.

I prefer to speak with my customers on the phone. In fact, many times, I call first to discuss questions/comments as there can be many questions answered quickly with instant feedback if one is confused about a specific answer that is given. In your case, you did not leave a phone number.

The latter discussions are a waste of bandwith and our time. It is clear that you are not willing to take responsibility for your comments and prefer to twist statements around. Your lack of continued interest has been shown after I was more then willing to work with you regarding your whole order.

I do wish you the best. Emails do have their place, but I would hope in your continued persuant of modifications you call the sales departments and discuss your wants and needs personally. You may find more success with this approach in the future.

Old 05-11-2003, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

twist stuff around? Hmm like having something posted where it says the price is 320 then saying that is not the price for that rim? Or saying there is a 10% price increase then making it a 23% price increase?
I sent the last email to you wondering about shipping time on the qoute because I expected a qoute in my email the next day. As for being a nightmare customer I guess it is because I have such hi expectaion's of those I do buisness with.I have never had a problem with any sponser on this board. If you dont want people to email for a qoute post in your web page! Post call for a qoute.....Not that hard of thing to do.
If I know exactly what I want why would I have to call,wouldn't a simple email suffice?Or even online ordering.This is a problem I have never had with any sponser on this board but you.I have ordered many times from thunder,tea etc. No problems there.

How was you going to work with me? I guess I missed that statement.
No Biggie. like I said your loss of sale not my loss of a purchase.
Brent
Old 05-11-2003, 11:13 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Time for a lock.