Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery hold down bracket suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 01:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Battery hold down bracket suggestions?

Hi,
I did a search and couldn't find anything good. If you use a battery hold down bracket, any information including pics, where you bought it, etc. would be appreciated.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this for relocating to the rear?

i have the jegs polished sealed and vented aluminum box, bolted through the floor of the car.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
is this for relocating to the rear?

i have the jegs polished sealed and vented aluminum box, bolted through the floor of the car.
No. Stock location.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was curious about this as well since the factory hold down doesn't work well. The tech guy wiggled my battery and it came completely loose.

A guy at the track with an LS1 used a 1/4" thick piece of aluminum band that he bent to fit over the battery. He bolted it down using the stock battery bracket screw and a screw that was by the headlight housing. It didn't look the greatest, but it got the job done.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by firechicken_98
I was curious about this as well since the factory hold down doesn't work well. The tech guy wiggled my battery and it came completely loose.

A guy at the track with an LS1 used a 1/4" thick piece of aluminum band that he bent to fit over the battery. He bolted it down using the stock battery bracket screw and a screw that was by the headlight housing. It didn't look the greatest, but it got the job done.
Mine was so loose when I launched at the track the battery would tilt backwards and short the electrical system (complete shutdown) because the positive terminal touched the A/C condensor bracket. Which resulted in several aborted runs.

I like the above idea for a bracket, but will try to include another bracket that will keep it moving side to side. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

I just went down to Schucks and got a Universal Battery hold down. got the job done for the track and looks decent too. It cleared the hood, but I'm planning to cut the bolts down a bit to be safe. See Picture below
Attached Thumbnails Battery hold down bracket suggestions?-battholddown.jpg  

Quick Reply: Battery hold down bracket suggestions?