Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NHRA Rules for 9.99 & quicker.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 09:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NHRA Rules for 9.99 & quicker.

All the tracks around here are IHRA. I am an IHRA member, but I don't know what the requirements are for going this fast. I think that the NHRA is a little more tougher than IHRA is with tech rules, meaning that NHRA have the same rules as IHRA but at slower ET's (ex. NHRA roll bar at 12.00 instead of IHRA's 11:49). I know they changed this recently but this is just an example. Next year I'd like to run the new motor at sea level in Mission raceway in B.C. in Western Canada. This is a (16ft above sea level) NHRA track. I'd like to know what the NHRA rules are to pass tech. I'm thinking the car will run somewhere between a very high 8 to a mid 9 range on the bottle. What are all of the reqiurements for racing in this range. I'm about to install a roll bar & I think that I need a 10 point right? Can some one give me a very detailed list of what things I'm going to need. I mean everything from Jaket, pants, gloves, do I need boots, a window net, 5 point harness? What stuff needs to be SFI approved? I'd like to know every little detail, cause It's a 15 hour drive to this track & it would be really shitty to not pass tech. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The best thing to do is to get a NHRA rulebook the ET racing section.

225-343-9029
Old 11-03-2004, 10:50 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.thamesracing.netfirms.com/nhrarules.htm

Found this with a quick google search, probably not up to date but should give you an idea what you are going to need.

Quick Reply: NHRA Rules for 9.99 & quicker.