Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chassis certified

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004 | 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Charlie, looks like TwnTrbo has the answer on the swing outs. I don't think the front down bars around the dash are an issue for the new spec. From what I understand there are a lot more bars required as you have to meet 25.5 spec in 2005 for under 8.50. Those added bars are X the door bars, roof diagonal, corner gussets and dash bar. There might be more, but that's the general info I got. Somebody else can chime in if they know.
Old 12-18-2004 | 07:39 AM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

also need rocker bars i believe bars extending to the front subframe in the engine bay and possibly double frame rails not sure on that one though
Old 12-18-2004 | 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

Basically to meet the 25.5 rules you need to add the following to a basica full cage.

Funny car, X door bars, Diagonal in roof, corner gussets in roof area, driver and passenger rocker bar, dash bar must be there if you dont already have it. Additional from main hoop crossbar to subframes. Then there is a few bars that must be added under the floor, you can use Thru Floor subframes, as long as the main front to back runner is 1 5/8" round or 2" x 2" sq tubing, outriggers that the main hoop and front bars tie into that must be 1 5/8" round or 2"x3" rectangle tubing. There must be a rear crossmember 1 5/8" rd tubing in line with the main hoop. There must be a front crossmember 1 5/8" rd tubing that can double as tranny crossmember if done properly and mounted in the correct location. Ther must also be a bar under the driver seat that ties into the subframe connector and the rocker bar.

There is no requirement for going thru the firewall or double frame rails.

Here is a link to our 25.5 cage in a mustang, you will get the idea of what is required.
http://www.wolferacecraft.com/instal.../25-5cage.aspx

We will be coming out with a 25.5 cage kit for the f-bodies soon.
Old 12-18-2004 | 09:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Dan,

Thanks for the additional info.

Eric
Old 12-18-2004 | 08:35 PM
Restricted User

Ugh...guess I will stay above that 8.50 then! Not to fun for me picking up the son at daycare contorsioning my way out of the camaro! Of course, I bet lil man would love monkeying around in the cage! Thanks Eric, Dan and 68Maro.

Charlie

Quick Reply: Chassis certified