Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decent ET, but what's up with my 60 ft.?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u are a ******* nut,listen to these good people when they are trying to help u.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude, you expect way to much out of what you have, a 1.3 60' in a high 10sec car should not be expected. maby mid 1.4s with a good setup. i was going 1.46-1.49's untill i got past the mid 10 mark and odds are you dont have the gear tire combo for much better.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:27 PM
9 Second Club NA

MARKSZ71, ya know, Im about tired of your crap. All you do is run your mouth. You never have anything constructive to say. Not one of your replies has been helpful in any way. What did you miss that Im not listening to these guys? I believe them and I'm sure they're right. That is why Im going to rotate my tires. All I was wondering is how much it could affect it. Lay off seriously.

SMOKIN01TA, its not that I expect too much, its that I compare my times to other peoples times, specifically the fastest cam only list, and I figure with my ET, I should be 60 footing the same. I have gone mid 1.4s with the old cam in awesome weather, I just figured since I was running a faster ET, that I would gain in the 60 ft. as well. I figured gear and tire combo had something to do with it and maybe stall as well.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure you could go in the 1.3's with a big enough gear (If you could hook)...But you would most likely run out of gear on the top end. I agree with Smokin01Ta...You are expecting way to much. You may get lucky and get some mid to low 1.4's but 1.3's would be amazing. The fastest cam only cars are in the 10.3X second range. It does not sound like much, but people spend a lot of money going from High 10's to 10.3X's. They are making a lot of their power in the cam/converter/tire/gear combo. All I can say is good luck to you my friend.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:11 PM
9 Second Club NA

What I meant to say is, that I would like to cut a high 1.3 60 ft. when the cold weather comes around, but I figured I should be cutting mid 1.4s now. Honestly, I would be happy with low 1.4s when the cold air comes around. Again, I cut mid 1.4s this past winter with the old cam. I beat my last best by over 2 tenths and the weather was much worse. So I just assumed that I would be 60 footing the same if not better. Thats really what it boils down to. The best 60 ft. this past visit to the track was a 1.49, but it didnt feel like a dead hook. The past weekend was spring nationals, so I assumed that the track should of been hooking good. I can see that my tires may be shot. Again, Im not expecting 1.3s, but would be nice in the future. As of right now, I expect mid 1.4s consistently and the low 1.4s when winter comes around. Sorry for the confusion. I would like to convert over to a TH350 with transbrake and a 5000+ stall, bigger gear, and bigger tire, but I have to find someone to buy my 200-R4 setup.
13, 60, ft