Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well I installed the edlebrock adj torque arm....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I installed the edlebrock adj torque arm....

and put it into my BMR trans crossmember which relocates the front of the T/A to the crossmember and adjusted the pinion angle to -2 with the suspension loaded.I then checked it again on the ground and it came out the same.I drove to the track the next morning,did a nice warm up for the tires and staged the car.I held the rpm's at 5000 and dumped the clutch at the last yellow...........BAM,the car never moved.I appears the bottom adjuster heims broke as they twisted,the rear end went up and broke the u-joint in half.The threads are pointed up-down so I conclude they broke and the rear swung up and this sheared the u-joint in half.

It destroyed every piece of the torque arm and my high dollar driveshaft but thank God hurt nothing on the car,that loop was a good idea! Any input on a new driveshaft and trans mounted T/A? Maybe the u-joint broke first but it dosent look that way.Funny how the stock T/A which is back on [and has a -1.5 pinion angle to the original driveshaft] took all I gave it for a few years.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn that sux, all of this because of the ta, u must of hooked really good!!!