Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is everyone running on a 150 shot?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hourang
awesome guys your really giving me some hope to hit 10s, though i know my car(and probably me:/) will need to go on a small diet to get there plus im sure ill need tons of luck too, my cars always seem to run slow times though i probably just suck

so there are no drag shocks to buy besides hals? or is it just that hals are the best for drag racing? i dont care too much about having adjustable shocks, if i can just get some shocks already setup for drag racing that would be nice. my friend got some tokiko shocks, are those good enough? i know i need shocks bad, my rears seem dead with 75k miles on them :/
You could always go with comp engineering 50/50's in the back and then some hal R's up front, that should make for a nice combo and the comp engineering shocks are pretty cheap, around $80 - $90 for the set. You also have strange and afco that make good drag shocks for our cars, it's just the hals are the most used b/c of their price and they're a pretty good performing shock.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
You could always go with comp engineering 50/50's in the back and then some hal R's up front, that should make for a nice combo and the comp engineering shocks are pretty cheap, around $80 - $90 for the set. You also have strange and afco that make good drag shocks for our cars, it's just the hals are the most used b/c of their price and they're a pretty good performing shock.
sweeet awesome thanks i will definately check out the comp engineering ones, there $40 a piece 3 way adjustable in the rear and at ramchargers too

ok i have like all this crap i need to buy now, and not a lot of money to just buy everything at once. i can buy like one thing every other paycheck so like one thing a month. what does everyone think i need first as a must? i have:
lca's
subframes
stb
ds loop
stage 3f clutch
9" rear

i need:
driveshaft ~$350
tq arm ~$450
tires/rims ~$350-1000 (drag radial on stock rims or slicks and skinnys)
sway bar ~$180
Rear shocks ~$80
front shocks ~$250-360
panhard ~$180
timing tuner/n20 controller ~$200-250
???

basically want to know what will i need the most or what will break right away. im worried about the drive shaft and tq arm but i dont know which one i need first or if i need to get something else more importantly. so basically with a tuned cammed 150shot m6 with a stage 3f clutch, sticky tire, 9" moser with 4.11s, stock ds, stock tq arm, stock suspension with lcas and subframes, whats gonna break/ what do i need the most to get down the track launching with a 4k+ drop??? now i dont have the 9" yet, should be sometime this month maybe next month, i might need a new ds anyway? i know with an adapter i can run a stock ds but is that doable? thanks for all the help.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

i ran 11.63 on a 150 shot at 122.8 with a 7.70 1/8th.. i normally ran 7.40 1/8ths back when i had lid cutout 150 shot and lca's...

now ive added a fairly big cam, dropped some wieght, and a lot of other boltons.. hoping for mid 10's
Old 06-06-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hourang
sweeet awesome thanks i will definately check out the comp engineering ones, there $40 a piece 3 way adjustable in the rear and at ramchargers too

ok i have like all this crap i need to buy now, and not a lot of money to just buy everything at once. i can buy like one thing every other paycheck so like one thing a month. what does everyone think i need first as a must? i have:
lca's
subframes
stb
ds loop
stage 3f clutch
9" rear

i need:
driveshaft ~$350
tq arm ~$450
tires/rims ~$350-1000 (drag radial on stock rims or slicks and skinnys)
sway bar ~$180
Rear shocks ~$80
front shocks ~$250-360
panhard ~$180
timing tuner/n20 controller ~$200-250
???

basically want to know what will i need the most or what will break right away. im worried about the drive shaft and tq arm but i dont know which one i need first or if i need to get something else more importantly. so basically with a tuned cammed 150shot m6 with a stage 3f clutch, sticky tire, 9" moser with 4.11s, stock ds, stock tq arm, stock suspension with lcas and subframes, whats gonna break/ what do i need the most to get down the track launching with a 4k+ drop??? now i dont have the 9" yet, should be sometime this month maybe next month, i might need a new ds anyway? i know with an adapter i can run a stock ds but is that doable? thanks for all the help.
Ok, thing is, as soon as u get a sticky tire (nitto's are not considered sticky, hehe) and u start doin high rpm clutch dumps (5k+, cuz ur not gonna stay below that or ur probably gonna bog) and hooking, driveshaft and t/a are gonna be the first things to go! As for which will hold out longer, i'd say to get the driveshaft first, then get the t/a. Then you can get the slicks and skinnies that you now have the strength to handle. Like I said, look on here and you can usually find really good deals on a lot of stuff!
Old 06-07-2005, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Ok, thing is, as soon as u get a sticky tire (nitto's are not considered sticky, hehe) and u start doin high rpm clutch dumps (5k+, cuz ur not gonna stay below that or ur probably gonna bog) and hooking, driveshaft and t/a are gonna be the first things to go! As for which will hold out longer, i'd say to get the driveshaft first, then get the t/a. Then you can get the slicks and skinnies that you now have the strength to handle. Like I said, look on here and you can usually find really good deals on a lot of stuff!
sweet thanks man i really appreciate your help, im sure ill have more questions as i get more into it. thanks
Old 06-07-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

No problem dude, that's what we're all here for, to help each other out!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

et drag all the way. dont mess with drag radials on a manual car.

Quick Reply: what is everyone running on a 150 shot?