Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help, gotta get this car to hook!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 03:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most of my convertors stall around 3000 on motor. On spray they loosen up considerally. Look at all the above recommendations PLUS your convertor. I use Transking. Ati, Protorque and Neal Chance are some other excellent manufacturers.

225-343-9029
Old 07-21-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Most of my convertors stall around 3000 on motor. On spray they loosen up considerally. Look at all the above recommendations PLUS your convertor. I use Transking. Ati, Protorque and Neal Chance are some other excellent manufacturers.
Cool, thanks again for all the great info in here guys, i'll call around and ask about converters to those companies and see what they think, cuz i'm going to be hittin the car with a 300 shot once the fuel system is upgraded enough to handle it, so if i'm having traction issues now, I can only imagine what's gonna happen then!
Old 07-21-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that most of the converter companys make very good converters. I personally like Neil Chance and Protourque but I'll be trying PTC's converters in a couple of cars in the very near future.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Maggie
I think that most of the converter companys make very good converters. I personally like Neil Chance and Protourque but I'll be trying PTC's converters in a couple of cars in the very near future.
Like I said, the converter is gonna be the last thing I change if the other stuff doesn't get me hookin, but i'm curious, which company would you recommend that isn't going to break my wallet!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Like I said, the converter is gonna be the last thing I change if the other stuff doesn't get me hookin, but i'm curious, which company would you recommend that isn't going to break my wallet!!!
Transking is a great value. For a few dollars more though you can get a Protorque. PTC probably has the overall best price(?) I haven't price shopped lately. Check web sites and talk with other racers at the track...shoot a few weeks ago a had never heard of PTC and now I've got 2 of 'em. lol
Old 07-21-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Maggie
Transking is a great value. For a few dollars more though you can get a Protorque. PTC probably has the overall best price(?) I haven't price shopped lately. Check web sites and talk with other racers at the track...shoot a few weeks ago a had never heard of PTC and now I've got 2 of 'em. lol
You know what, one of my mustang buddies had said something about PTC's being really good converters, I had never heard of them, so I thought maybe it was just a mustang thing! Thanks for the info though, i'll check around on some prices and stuff.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Coal Mining Director

Madman, any problems running the lca's at 8* down to the axle? My lower mounting hole is 8*.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Veteran

brian, are you serious about 30 passes, i dont know anyone that has ever changed slicks after 30 passes unless they do 1/8 mile burnouts lol. im just changing mine with over 100 passes and still pull as good of 60's as ever.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the slicks issue, you have to look at the sidewalls. That is what goes away before the tread. On most heads up cars we hit the tires extremely hard. This tears the sidewalls up. Also on Loudmouths car he stated the car was spinning leaving so it is almost like he has 60 passes instead of 30.

On Coachs car I hit the tire just enough to have the same 60ft everytime(if possible) also we do extremely short burnouts. His tire usually go away after 60 passes.(which is usually 4-5 weeks)

225-343-9029
Old 07-22-2005, 07:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey Madman, i'm still wondering why you recommend the 28x10.5S tire, I asked before but don't know if you saw it? Cuz when I go to get new tires i'll give them a try if they'll help me hook, but I was under the impression those were only for 6-speed cars b/c it helped them not dead hook but get a little spin so they don't bog down, so i'm just curious what the advantage would be for me?
Old 07-22-2005, 07:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MADMAN
On the slicks issue, you have to look at the sidewalls. That is what goes away before the tread.
What do you look for on the sidewall to see if they're gone? Like what will happen, discoloration or something?
Old 07-22-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A stiffer sidewall will also keep the front end down alot more.I just redid my suspension 3 times because I lowered the car, and it wouldn't hook.

It ended up being the sidewalls were just wore out.