Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are all the racers?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
I'm pretty sure we can organize our own event in Florida, if ls1tech wants to sponsor that's cool. It will be just a bragging rights kind of thing no money payout, just to run your car and see if you can beat the guy next to you that is sort of equally modded.
Dude, that would be badass, we should get it started, what do we have to do to get something like that goin, i'd help organize it if ya need.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:09 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going just to check out the cars and have some fun, I have little interest in building a car to compete in the heads up classes but I'll go bracket race or run the 10.90 class anyhow.

Sure I could just go bracket race at a local track, wait until fall and timeslip race or bitch about no heads up class I can win with my present combo but thats no excuse to not show up and at least show a little support for the people that have spent a lot of time and money building cars to run in the classes, especially the guys that live fairly close. Not to mention the race sponsors and the people that went out of their way for no money to put this on. You dont have to have a 8-9-10 second car to show up and have some fun..
Old 07-28-2005, 10:06 AM
10 Second Club

I tell ya, a Florida race in, say Feburary might be a good idea. Gainsville, would be a good track to have it at also since it's in the northern part of Florida.
It should get a good draw of cars that time of the year. The northern guys would enjoy the warmer weather for sure.

TJ
Old 07-28-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Unfortunately **** happens where you cant get a car ready.

I tried to do something to help out the Chassis cert guys but got no help fromt he site until yesterday when PSJ asked about it. I am sure it would have helped the cause if one of the board "big chesses" would have called NHRA division 2 or 3.

Hell even worked something out to have guys there friday to do liscencing passes. I mean you have to have 2 lisecened drivers present to make passes. Hell I am hurt by the rules myself. I have to keep my shitty IRS and ADD 400+lbs to the car to run in the class. I would have been there anyway but I aint gonna drive 12 hours to get booted from the track after one pass and unfortunately the car wasnt done 3-4 weeks ago.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hawkn01
I tell ya, a Florida race in, say Feburary might be a good idea. Gainsville, would be a good track to have it at also since it's in the northern part of Florida.
It should get a good draw of cars that time of the year. The northern guys would enjoy the warmer weather for sure.

TJ
Gainesville is really strict on tech. After all it is an NHRA track.

Bradenton is a really good hooking track. When Orlando preps the track its decent, I said Orlando cause its basically the middle ground for everone in the state.

All we need to do is draw enough interest and this will happen. We should do an impromptu meet up at one of the tracks and see how many actually show up.

I know once my car is finished I'll go just about anywhere with it in Florida.

Sorry to hijack this thread Madman.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

WE are strict on tech. Don't worry about the track. We do not let things "slide" during these races at all. Brian and I do our best to enforce the rules. Depends on the track, but usually they have rep's in tech also.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:14 PM
9 Second Club

Unfortunately, some of us, like me, do more test & tune running vs. head's up racing due to family and work schedules vs. being scared to compete. What about charging a nominal fee for LS1Tech members on an annual basis to allow a larger, guaranteed payout at the events. I have only been to two (Bowling Green in 03 as a spectator and Moroco, IN last year in a company car, LS6 Baby Blazer), but, I would be glad to pitch in to support the series.

If you go to www.superstockforum.com, you 1) Have to use your REAL NAME which is verified before becoming a member, and 2) You have to pay a small annual fee. While they are "real" racers racing in local and national events in most cases, a fee structure like that could be applied to our website.

On the other hand, I would not, no offense, want the money going to administrative "fees", as the owner's here get monies from vendors (along with parts, etc., I am sure). That's fine, but my annual money / fee / donation, would want to be for racing.

Either way, since I just moved this week 1300 miles back to Texas from Michigan, I won't be in Bowling Green. Heck, I could not find my cars behind the 300+ boxes that are just now starting to be unpacked.

Safe travels and racing to all. Take care. Dave
Old 07-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Down here in TX you'll have a few more opportunities to hit the track Dave. No snow storms down here
Old 07-28-2005, 03:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

some of the track rental costs are absorbed by entry and spectator fees. We do not want to charge members to use the site. This year alone, John and I have donated $40,000 worth of site income towards event costs, payouts, rentals, and advertising. How many other message boards have done this?

We are trying to make something for the GM EFI racers, aren't you guys tired of seeing the Ford boys have all the fun? Please show support by showing up, that is all we ask. You don't even need a car to come have fun at our events.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:43 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,164 Likes on 757 Posts

Each track event is an opportunity to see some great rides up close and personal. Who can forget watching GeorgeC square off against Judson down at Thunder a few years ago... dueling 4 ft wheel stands!

Some of the early events were driven by national rivalries between folks from Houston and places like Chicago, Detroit, and even Toronto. GMHTP Bristol 2000 and NFRA 2001 had that feel.

Going to one of these small races is a way to meet folks, check out some great cars, get advice on projects, and have a great time.

Hope to see a lot of you in BG!
Old 07-28-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
We are trying to make something for the GM EFI racers, aren't you guys tired of seeing the Ford boys have all the fun? Please show support by showing up, that is all we ask. You don't even need a car to come have fun at our events.
I hear ya Tony....... Thanks for trying to make it happen for alof us... Ill be at Thunder this YR...... To run in what ever class i fit into nomatter if i come in last.......
Kyle
Old 07-28-2005, 04:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
We are trying to make something for the GM EFI racers, aren't you guys tired of seeing the Ford boys have all the fun?
If you really mean that, you guys should *really* look at opening your series up to what the name implies, rather than the LSX/LTX series that it is... Unless you're happy with the current car counts..
Old 07-28-2005, 06:40 PM
12 Second Club

I know the biggest point of the entire series is for the cars to be fuel injected, but what about opening up the outlaw class to non-fuel injected cars. Slap a weight penalty on there if you must, but it would probably draw a lot more attention to the series, especially if the cars are much faster. Since it seems the focus is on 4th gen Camaros and Firebirds, why not allow any 4th gen in an outlaw class with any powerplant.

One of the most attractive things about the PSCA series out here on the west coast would be how fast the cars really are. Even if the car count doesn't improve drastically for the series, the spectators will. If you double the spectators, that's a lot more income for the series.

I think most people would agree it really doesn't matter what is under the hood, a 180mph 4th gen Camaro is impressive, let alone 30 of them. If you have 2 or 3 dozen 8 second cars rather than 2 or 3, people will be more inclined to go out and watch. People want to see fast.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

I won't make it to almost any of the races due simply to distance from CA. Taking the car that far from here is expensive, and time consuming.

Having said that, I am going to try and make the Thunder Shootout in November...but only if the car is rock solid prior to leaving.

The LS1Tech series makes it tough on the West Cost guys just from a distance perspective.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:36 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

We'll expand if we get the right turnout for existing races.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Phate
I won't make it to almost any of the races due simply to distance from CA.

The LS1Tech series makes it tough on the West Cost guys just from a distance perspective.
Us California folks don't have the same kind of money to throw around as the midwestern dudes either. (I would kill for the midwestern cost of living. )

I would love to support the ls1tech EFI series, but unfortunately the closest race is about 2000 miles away. Hopefully if the turnout increases in the future LS1tech would consider a race or two out here on the west coast.

Pomona anyone?

Old 07-31-2005, 02:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bad2000ss
I know the biggest point of the entire series is for the cars to be fuel injected, but what about opening up the outlaw class to non-fuel injected cars. Slap a weight penalty on there if you must, but it would probably draw a lot more attention to the series, especially if the cars are much faster. Since it seems the focus is on 4th gen Camaros and Firebirds, why not allow any 4th gen in an outlaw class with any powerplant.

One of the most attractive things about the PSCA series out here on the west coast would be how fast the cars really are. Even if the car count doesn't improve drastically for the series, the spectators will. If you double the spectators, that's a lot more income for the series.

I think most people would agree it really doesn't matter what is under the hood, a 180mph 4th gen Camaro is impressive, let alone 30 of them. If you have 2 or 3 dozen 8 second cars rather than 2 or 3, people will be more inclined to go out and watch. People want to see fast.

Sb 23* in Super Stock, 18*/15* in Modified Stock/Power adder.
SBC and BBC single power adders in Outlaw. Why make it all about efi? The name of the series would obviously have to change, but who cares? I would take more pride in making the Series work than letting it sink like the rest.
We just don't have the aftermarket/factory support to have a series like the Ford boys-but if you think about it: we aren't doing it anything like they are. Look at the NMRA or WFC. You could run anything from a 350ci single turbo small block(or modular for that matter) combo to a 800+ cubic inch IHRA Pro Stocker in Pro 5.0-That is cool. Their purses/turnouts have never been bigger. We are basically trying to make a whole series work out of a total number of cars that equals the Modular classes in the NMRA/WFC-not going to work IMO; maybe for a few shootouts-but not a whole series.
Why not open up the series for everyone to enjoy? There is more to the world of GM racing than efi stuff. Not that you guys haven't put in one hell of an effort-you have. I just think that with the right group of guys sorting out the classes/ weight breaks in the classes you could have a great series. The turnout would be great-I'd love to show some old school SBC boys how its done
Worst case scenario is that someone takes your rules, bends them a little and wipes out the competition-not so bad. It's been happening since people have been racing: you make rule revisions and go on.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Everyone with great ideas, show up at BG, corral Nine Ball, Reckless, or Madman, we will listen, and go from there. But we want to have a GM EFI based series because that's what we all like to build, race, and compete in.

For those racers on the fence, get 'yer butt in gear, and bring the car!
Old 07-31-2005, 02:00 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by bad2000ss
Us California folks don't have the same kind of money to throw around as the midwestern dudes either. (I would kill for the midwestern cost of living. )

I would love to support the ls1tech EFI series, but unfortunately the closest race is about 2000 miles away. Hopefully if the turnout increases in the future LS1tech would consider a race or two out here on the west coast.

Pomona anyone?

actually the closest race is about 1200 miles away I know we went to one and ran my car a few years back...but your right that is a LONG haul ...we need some a little closer arizona/vegas would be inline....the PSCA is all we have out this way for a racing series
Old 08-01-2005, 12:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ariz, Nev, Cali, NM, Den, even el paso tx.
plenty of time to organize a race for next year....sponsors on this side of the country want to make something like this happen?