Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are all the racers?????

Old 07-23-2005, 06:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Where are all the racers?????

The N vs S race is less than 2 weeks away and most of you guys would rather "TIMESLIP RACE" than come out for some REAL competition. I understand the guys on the west coast but what about the guys on the east coast????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????? I here all about the arguments of CAM onlyand STOCK INTERNALS etc. In my opinion there is no argument if you arent willing to line up side by side.

I think the majority of this board is scared of competition!!!

225-343-9029
Old 07-23-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha, if someone wants to finish up my cage, get it certified, get my suspension dialed in, get me my 9 second license, and get me to the race, i'll be there!!! I just still have a lot left to do, might not make a tech race till next season!
Old 07-23-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MADMAN
The N vs S race is less than 2 weeks away and most of you guys would rather "TIMESLIP RACE" than come out for some REAL competition. I understand the guys on the west coast but what about the guys on the east coast????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????? I here all about the arguments of CAM onlyand STOCK INTERNALS etc. In my opinion there is no argument if you arent willing to line up side by side.

they better show up, i was looking forward to getting to run head to head with my competition in same conditions.

and when it comes to these races there is no arugumnet for cam only and si anyway so that cant be used as an excuse, cam cars are stuck against the built motor h/c cars si cars run brackets or index. wtf is the deal.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:18 PM
10 Second Moderator

Originally Posted by MADMAN

I'm scared of nothing...bring it and I'll run ya...hope my low dollar heap will hang with the big money fat creditcard guys.

Whats up with your last statement, is there a preregistration form I dont know about? Let me know, I'm gunna put alot of gas thru my rusty Suburban to haul my crap there so let me know whats up. Thanks, Tom
Old 07-23-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you guys reported more on the racing than the BS that goes on at the motels the racers might take the whole series more seriously.

Daren
Old 07-23-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

I'm going to N vs S to race, but i'm really looking forward to the travellodge lounge.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GIZMO
If you guys reported more on the racing than the BS that goes on at the motels the racers might take the whole series more seriously.

Daren
Ouch.... even my nuts ache after that kick....
Old 07-24-2005, 05:09 AM
9 Second Club

**** I couldn't make a freakin 35 mile cruise in Memphis and you want me to try and get my bucket down the track

Actually Futral just shipped my new setup, should be here this week. Not gonna have enough time to make this one, hopefully it'll be dialed in and ready for Thunder.

Oh ya...... and your "save your *** bars" work pretty good, you just need to design some that are reusable Last time out I decided to put a few custom bends into my set To bad I can't run the nice set of bars I have sitting in my garage
Old 07-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

It's difficult to talk up the race when no one shows up, so we talk about other things. We'd gladly talk about what happened at the races, but no one seems to want to show up because they admit defeat based on what people post on the web about "my car is so fast blah blah blah". It's one thing to run an ET in TNT with a -500 DA, and a complete othe thing to line them up head-to-head in the same conditions.

Too many timeslip braggers out there that never back it up in a real race IMO. Has nothing to do with the hotel or parking lot action.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:57 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by GIZMO

Daren
Remember, drag racing isn't all about just the et/mph and who wins. It's friends getting together and having a good time (last time I checked racing was supposed to be for fun, but some decide to add the "talk" into it)

Okay, my rant is done.....flame on

Derek
Old 07-24-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Remember, drag racing isn't all about just the et/mph and who wins. It's friends getting together and having a good time (last time I checked racing was supposed to be for fun, but some decide to add the "talk" into it)

Okay, my rant is done.....flame on

Derek
exactly, im not going this time cause i think ima win, it may happen but lookin at whos comming i think my chance of 1st is kinda slim this time. but im still workin my butt off to get the car ready to make the trip just to hang out and have fun and keep up my points anyway
Old 07-25-2005, 07:08 AM
7 Second Club

I might ride down to watch the Ohio Boys win Outlaw.My hot rod won't be ready to go for another 6-8 weeks because of last minute changes I have made.

Waiting sucks but if I achieve my goal of owning the stock suspension record it will be well worth the wait.

Realistically,I won't be competing till Thunder.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Time to move the events westward, you easterns have gotten use to all these events and now take it in stride. Meet us in the middle and we'll gladly give you guys a run.
I'd love to attend these events too, but they are just to far away for most of us on the westside.
J
Old 07-25-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with ya brother...... I can make it to Thunder every year but if i get what iwant next and transfer to Washington State...... i wont be able to make it to any races......
I was thinking about this yesterday..... Why isnt there a Race on the west coast?? Say at least vegas or something...... man could we all get into some trouble there ha ha
Kyle
Old 07-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I feel we need to have the first race in Texas myself. Atlanta was a real let down As it strands, we have no races west of Louisiana.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
I agree with ya brother...... I can make it to Thunder every year but if i get what iwant next and transfer to Washington State...... i wont be able to make it to any races......
I was thinking about this yesterday..... Why isnt there a Race on the west coast?? Say at least vegas or something...... man could we all get into some trouble there ha ha
Kyle

And I am praying I can make it to the Mainland, I dont care if I get "stuck" in Washington I'd be making some races. Trying shipping your car from ******* Hawaii, paradise my ***! *I say this now, but once I got to WA, got my happy sack kicked by the Army and denied leave on the grounds I wanted to go racing, I know it MAY be another story*

Here's another one, since it seems to be about 5,000miles and across the litlte Pacific Pond for me, I happen to enjoy sifting through the bullshit story talk about the hotels and parking lots etc.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Reckless
Atlanta was a real let down
YES IT WAS.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel we need to have the first race in Texas myself. Atlanta was a real let down As it strands, we have no races west of Louisiana.

El Paso, Roswell...hey its close enough to be in Texas

Even here, but most of you guys would cry at your car magically getting one second slower across the board.

This east coast racing has to spread around to other parts of the country.

Kyle, my bro has a great idea. LV is awesome and has a lot of appeal to everyone, Arizona too.
We have plenty of sponsors and members on this side that can help make these races happen.

Maybe next year
Old 07-25-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

I hear ya Todd....... Id of liked another Spring Break Shootout in SA or Houston or Dallas.....

Jer,

Im up for orders in Oct. and i knowi want WA State so if i get them wich i probably will ill be driving thru and we will meet up and runnem......

Cat3 were you being stationed at now??

Kyle
Old 07-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Restricted User

Kyle, leave Hawaii in mid Jan, report back to Huachuca in Arizona for training on how to fly Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Waste of time since at my rank I will never fly the badass lil birds! School is Feb 2 to Aug 18th, no idea where I will go then. It will be in Aviations hands.

I agree, LV or AZ good ideas for Western Shootout.

Search this Thread