Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painless wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painless wiring harness

Anybody running a painless harness for a drag only car? Im looking to do away with all non essential computer functions. So basically I need the engine harness and head and tail lamps and blinkers. Any other info on drag setups would be appreciated as well. Thanks
Old 08-21-2005, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

It not a Painless harness. We just modified our stock harness. You can read the post here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=project+ss
Old 08-22-2005, 05:48 AM
TECH Regular

Hell yeah thats what Im talking about. I started to do the same thing to mine and thought man theres got to be an easier way. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:32 AM
10 Second Club

I'm about half way through clipping my stock harness and it's not too bad. Things are actually pretty organized once you get all the harness' apart. I would keep pluggin away at the stock one. You can get the Painless one from Jeg's for $500-600 if you wanted to go that route. I'm not so sure that they come with headlight/tail lamp wiring though.

BTW: I'm not so sure that you can bybass the BCM with the stock harness, I have to look into that some more.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Banned

am am thinking of going the Painless route too. i am gonna run a DFI/Fast/BS3 engine managment system and dont want to use the factory PCM at all.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
BTW: I'm not so sure that you can bybass the BCM with the stock harness, I have to look into that some more.
If you notice in the first picture you will see that we did remove the BCM. As you mentioned its fairly easy once you get started. just be sure to take your time and have the service manual.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Project_SS
If you notice in the first picture you will see that we did remove the BCM. As you mentioned its fairly easy once you get started. just be sure to take your time and have the service manual.

Do u have power windows? and if so how did u get rid of the BCM and retain the power windows?
Old 08-22-2005, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Project_SS
That's the problem, I don't have a helms manual. I'm stuck with tracing stuff by hand. So the ignition does not run through the BCM at all? What exactly does run through it beside air bags, power windows/locks, and the radio.

Quick Reply: Painless wiring harness