Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

possible to have good handling and good drag setup?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 03:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible to have good handling and good drag setup?

I did some search and as it apears to me Hal's shocks can be adjusted, so I could just have them on soft when I drag race and put them up higher when I want better handling. But it's still not ideal because what if they are set at 10 or so and I decide to race someone on the street So, are there any other options for the shocks?

Now to the springs. I definitely want to lower my car, want it to handle better than stock, and hook well at the strip. I hear good stuff about DMS. Any other options outhere?

thanks

OP
Old 08-29-2005, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump?
Old 08-29-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To do it all, no matter what you get, it's going to be a compromise. It won't necessarily excel at any of those things, but it can be decent at all of them.

Right now I'm running Koni SA's for handling, Eibach prokit front springs for better control of the front, stock rear springs with the isolators cut down, 35 mm hollow front bar, 21 mm solid rear bar. The front bar, Koni's, and Eibach's came from Sam.

For autocross/road racing I set the front Koni's nearly full stiff, and for drag racing I set them full soft for a little better lift in the front. I can (just haven't yet) unhook the front sway bar for drag racing. I'm not too concerned with "pulling the wheels" for street driving since my street tires aren't gonna do that anyway, so I set the front shocks right around 1/2 stiff for everyday.

The front koni's have 2 grooves you can choose from, for the lower spring perch. So you can experiment with the height. I had the eibach rear springs too, but it rode too low for me in the back, so I went back to stock in the rear.

I've been lightening the car along the way too, so I've had to make some adjustments as I've gone along. (for example, the front of the car rode about 3/4" higher in the front after the v8 swap - but I did a bmr k-member, no a/c, and a lightweight battery all at the same time as the engine swap.)