Sponsored by:

Question on Battery Relocation

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question on Battery Relocation

I have done my searches and all questions answered except not 100% sure
on one thing. What do I do with the existing OEM ground cables that hooked into the original battery? Are they now a dead end connection that I just leave hanging or do they connect to anything? Should I drill a hole in the fenderwell and connect them to the metal?

Thanks for all the help!

Bryan
parbreak
Old 09-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Banned

to my understanding the connect to the cable used with the relocation kit.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:22 PM
vette=lack of penis

You need to make sure you have a good chassis to motor ground. I would take the cabling that you have left over from the battery and ground somewhere on the frame rail to the block. Then second make sure you have a really good ground at the back of the car. I used the seat belt mount for the rear seats. Hope this helps.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cursed1
You need to make sure you have a good chassis to motor ground. I would take the cabling that you have left over from the battery and ground somewhere on the frame rail to the block. Then second make sure you have a really good ground at the back of the car. I used the seat belt mount for the rear seats. Hope this helps.

That helps tremendously. So basically those ground wires up front still need to be grounded.

Thanks
Bryan
Old 09-30-2005, 03:51 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The small chassis ground wires that get screwed to the body still need to be grounded. There originally is a ground strap in the factory cross over harness from the battery to the fuse block. That ground strap that originally went to the motor needs to be replaced. Simply take a 18" or so long piece of battery cable and bolt it to the block on one side and to a good spot on the frame rail. That should get the motor a good contact ground. On the battery side, like mentioned above just find a good ground inside the car. The rear seat belt retainer stud is a good place to put it.