Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What size torx bit too take airbag off stock steering wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What size torx bit too take airbag off stock steering wheel?

Puttin on my new grant wheel today that my girl got me for xmas, and i'm just wondering what size torx bit to take the 2 bolts out of the stock steering wheel that hold the airbag in? Also, any other tips too help me through the install of the wheel? Right now i'm using the 3196 adapter kit, but eventually i'm gonna get the quick disconnect hub and pull it back off too put that on (my girl couldn't afford the quick disconnect so just got me the adapter and i've gotta start puttin money together for my safety stuff, so i'll just put the wheel in for now without the disconnect for a while).
Old 01-01-2006, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

You'll need a T-30. To get the new hub to engage the splines all the way you'll need to grind alittle bit of plastic on the inside of the clock spring housing. You'll see what I mean when you get it apart.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
You'll need a T-30. To get the new hub to engage the splines all the way you'll need to grind alittle bit of plastic on the inside of the clock spring housing. You'll see what I mean when you get it apart.
Thanks man, i'm curious though, is it possible that they're not torx bit's? Cuz I was just out there playin with it tryin too figure out which size it was and stuck my finger in there and it feels like a regular bolt? Also, i've read on here that there's only 2 torx bolts, but I have 4 bolts in the back of the wheel? Wish they weren't recessed in there, so I could freakin see 'em!
Old 01-01-2006, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

My wheel is deffinatly T-30, I just double checked. There are also only two holes in the back of my wheel with two bolts. Maybe '98-99 was different.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
My wheel is deffinatly T-30, I just double checked. There are also only two holes in the back of my wheel with two bolts. Maybe '98-99 was different.
****, guess I gotta get a little mirror and try and figure out what's back there, thanks man!
Old 01-01-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my 00 took a T-30 also