Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need an explaination on top end rpms creeping

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006 | 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
Its pretty flat, about 20*. I had a slight curve from launch rpm, 3600, to 7200. It starts around 17* and slowly ramps up from pk TQ to pk HP, but reduced it all for the additional compression.

That timing seams to low to me for a NA run.
Even with high compression and the fast burn ETP heads I would thing that 25 to 27 would be optimum for a NA run.
Old 01-09-2006 | 03:04 PM
Restricted User

Well, I had 24*, backed down from the stock bottom of 28*, for the higher compression. I made a couple runs and seen about 1.x* of KR, but only at the top piece of the track, after hitting 3rd and before the beams. So, I backed it down to 20* and I still seem to get some KR in the same spot and same amount. Now I thinking this is probably poor track surface, since so many of the LSx cars I tune have the same issue there *didnt dawn on me until afterward when reviewing countless logs of different cars*.
I just figured that I would get more false KR at the launch, especially seeings how we have a slight dip, or chopped portion in the tower lane shortly after the 60'. But, I dont get any til the last 150'-300' feet, somewhere around there. Just didnt want to blow my new **** up either (like making 5 runs with it only having 25miles on it is a great idea ).
I will put some more timing in, hopefully get the WB logging with the HPT and see whats up this w/e. Thanks for the insight, good point.