Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! what slicks and drag wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 12:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of the rare sets of draglite Xp's. They dont make them anymore but there a 16' rim and you dont have to grind anything..
Old 03-09-2006, 06:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyGoldfinger
How do they hook? On my car they DEAD HOOK @ 14 or 15 lbs. Your car might not hook up as well, unless you have the suspension work my car has had done. (see sig)

You can't just slap a pair of QTP or M/T ET tires on a stock suspension car and expect it to hook up like a car that has been set up properly, with the right suspension mods. Apples to Oranges.

As for them fitting in the wheel wells, my car is not lowered, and the
Moser 9" rearend actually jacks the *** end up a little bit. I have plenty of room for 27's, but the 28x10.5 full slicks I have will require the BFH mod and some cutting of the bump stop. Most 4th gen cars that have not been lowered have no problem with the 11.50x27x15 tires clearing. (AFAIK)
I've got everything you do suspension wise except for the TA... And I have a moser rear that jacked up the rear as well, so hopefully I have plenty of room to fit those big guys in there... I am probably going to go with a Hoosier QTP 28x11.5x15 and BFH it a little bit...