Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locking converter help ET or MPH?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 09:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A half second / 7-9 mph is tremendous for locking a converter in 1st gear. Enough of a feat that I personally dont think it's possible. Just my thoughts and dont mean to come off the wrong way.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JFM-jr
A half second / 7-9 mph is tremendous for locking a converter in 1st gear. Enough of a feat that I personally dont think it's possible. Just my thoughts and dont mean to come off the wrong way.
i completely understand...think if launching like a auto and pulling like a 6 speed its the best of everything...maybe few that have will chime in but i think the guy i mentioned picked up about a half second and 6mph...locking it in 3rd imo just gives you a few more mph out of 3rd...locking it at the right time down low will gain a ton more...ive locked going into 3rd in a 500 hp car and lost 4 mph...ive never done it through gears though...dont need trans spitting out parts
Old 12-02-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JFM-jr

The OP proved himself that it was only worth a little MPH, and Pro Stock John proved MPH gains only. Last time I checked, races are decided from ET, not MPH!

Al
Old 12-03-2009, 09:52 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've run a lot of cars, a lot of different ways over the last fifty years, and have never seen an NA car gain anything but a few tenths of a MPH by locking the converter, anywhere on the track. Most actually gained nothing at all.

Quick Reply: Locking converter help ET or MPH?