Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bogart Welded Floyd rt's

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't waste the time screwing the tires to the rims. It is not needed. Never had screws in our rims. It just makes a nice set of wheels look like crap.

Nice car you have there!
Attached Thumbnails Bogart Welded Floyd rt's-p4164802.jpeg  

Last edited by STOCK1090; 04-02-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steve10
Hey Tom, glad all worked out well for you. Looks great. Shoot some full quality pictures over to bogartwheels@sjmmanufacturing.com so we can get them up in the gallery.

Just as a side note, the wheels have a special angle cut on the spokes. It is difficult to see in these pictures, but they are quite different in person. The special cut glistens in the sunlight as the wheel spins...like a diamond does when light hits its surfaces.

This is the first variation of its kind we made up. Tom was the first F-body to have this style. We will be re-naming them to possibly a "GT" wheel since there are so many variations in this particular style. They are NOT listed on our website as of yet, but will be shortly.
Hey Steve, I'll send you some pics when the car is finished in a few weeks. I want to clean her up too. Thanks for the great customer service Steve. It was a pleasure doing business with you.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by STOCK1090
Don't waste the time screwing the tires to the rims. It is not needed. Never had screws in our rims. It just makes a nice set of wheels look like crap.

Nice car you have there!
Thanks man and you have an awesome car too.

Is there some trick you use to get the tire not to move on the wheel?? My brother recently tried the no screw method and the tires moved on the rim. That was with Hoosier slicks and weld wheels in a 10. teen 69 Camaro set up totally for drag racing.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:50 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used 3M weatherstrip adhesive on the bead, never had one move yet. But then again, my car is slower.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I can shift faster than you.

The car looks great Tom! It makes me want to get the red car finished ASAP!!

Jason
Old 04-02-2006, 05:23 PM
7 Second Club

Looks awesome Tom!

Have a home for the welds? Maybe I'll use them for advertising your business?

When is the car heading back to the track?

Derek
Old 04-02-2006, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

It just makes a nice set of wheels look like crap.
kinda like stickers out the ying yang makes a nice car look like crap..
Old 04-02-2006, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tom the roofer
Rim screwed. 10 rim screws inside and out. Evenly spaced. I was real careful. 10" X 15" with 5-5/16" BS

Fronts are 3.5" X 15" with 2-1/8" BS

I mini tubbed and lowered the car. No tranny, torque converter, and drive shaft are in the car so it's not sitting where it eventually will set. The car needs cleaned up. I just ran a california duster over it.

Another few weeks and the project will be finished.
Great looking! Steve said I got the 3rd set of these new rims.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Tom, the car is LOOKING great. I cant wait to hear about it after that bad boy makes a few passes. Car looks great as always.

Nice car you have there!
I will kindly disagree with that statement. I guess you have never been around a ton of cars that made a LOT of power. I can fully say that even Tom's car will move the rim on the tire. It is completely common to drill the rims and if you do it right and take your time, it will come out looking fine.

Gray
Old 04-02-2006, 07:05 PM
9 Second Club

Looks awesome Tom. Real nice job!
Old 04-02-2006, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Tom,
Most times too little air is put in the slicks and the tires can move on the rim. Mark the stem and run as much air as you can get away with and still hook. We run as much as 22lbs in our radial slicks, a little less in the bias ply. A stiff rear suspension is made up by letting the tire pressure down. A tire with more air will produce runs with better ET's, higher MPH and more stable at the top of the track.

Mr. Bronco I have been around many high HP cars. That picture is the slowest one of our six cars on our race team. It just set the C/FIA record this weekend at 10.68 124 MPH at 3530 lbs. If you understand Stock rules that is with stock heads and manifiold and stock valve lift. Try running with rules. Anybody can run 9 nines with any head or CID. Run screws if you like but they are not needed. By the way the 60's are 1.26 on the fast car and 1.38 on the slow car.

The stickers are there because when the car wins class (if you know what that is) the sponsors pay us. It has many times. Our drivers can keep the money. You want to be a driver?

Last edited by STOCK1090; 04-02-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks everyone for the props. Derek. i already sold the rear welds and the front drag lites i'm keeping for a spare set. You lookin' for another sponser? I hope to be at the track in 3 weeks.

Tom,
Most times too little air is put in the slicks and the tires can move on the rim. Mark the stem and run as much air as you can get away with and still hook. We run as much as 22lbs in our radial slicks, a little less in the bias ply. A stiff rear suspension is made up by letting the tire pressure down. A tire with more air will produce runs with higher MPH and more stable at the top of the track.

Mr. Bronco I have been around many high HP cars. That picture is the slowest one of our six cars on our race team. It just set the C/FIA record this weekend at 10.68 124 MPH at 3530 lbs. If you understand Stock rules that is with stock heads and manifiold and stock valve lift. Run screws if you like but they are not needed. By the way the 60's are 1.26 on the fast car and 1.38 on the slow car.

The stickers are there because when the car wins class (if you know what that is) the sponsors pay us. It has many times. Our drivers can keep the money. You want to be a driver?
Thanks for the info STOCK1090. I'll give it a try on the next set of rims It's too late for this set now
Old 04-02-2006, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Tom,
Good luck. I love those rims. Love Black Camaro's too.

Rich
Old 04-02-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

comming along quite well
Old 04-02-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mr. Bronco I have been around many high HP cars. That picture is the slowest one of our six cars on our race team. It just set the C/FIA record this weekend at 10.68 124 MPH at 3530 lbs. If you understand Stock rules that is with stock heads and manifiold and stock valve lift. Try running with rules. Anybody can run 9 nines with any head or CID. Run screws if you like but they are not needed. By the way the 60's are 1.26 on the fast car and 1.38 on the slow car.

I completely understand about stockers and everything that goes into one. We currently build the motor for the National Record holder in D/Stock Automatic car. A friend of mine has held the Super Stock L/Auto class since 2002.

It is amazing what these guys do and what goes into these motors. It is an engine builders class and definately requires a GREAT chassis as well. I have enjoyed watching stock, super stock, and comp eliminator for many years now. It is hard to find someone who appreciates as well.

All the cars I have ever seen at the national events that are busting 1.30's and better are running a screw/beadlock rim. It is something I would advise anyways just for insurance to make sure the rim does not spin on the tire. 10's is fast for what you are doing with your motor combo, just not the fast I prefer. Different strokes.

And I do understand about contingency. We have a million stickers on our NMRA Hot Street Car. We just prefer the clean look and run them on the back window instead.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad you finally got the wheels Tom, I remember when you posted up you were getting them on Hardcore-ls1.

For the record; SJM is fantastic.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Restricted User

Tom, only two shots I could muster up of my Floyd's. No sideshots yet. Running same size fronts w/ MT ET Fronts and same size rear rims w/ ET Drag 28x10.5x15, stock width 9" rear. After seeing the tuck you got going on, I want to minitub mine badly. Since our track is shut down, I just might soon.

http://www.phfba.net/index.php?act=A...pe=post&id=284

http://www.phfba.net/index.php?act=A...pe=post&id=283
Old 04-03-2006, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks Stock1090 and good luck to you also.

Thanks DONAIMIAN and MUSTANGEATER.

BigBronco, you said one word insurance Makes me feel better. I hope to be busting into the 1.2's myself. Had quite a few 1.30's last year. Almost made it.

CAT3 your car is sweet man. If you need pics of mini tub I have tons of them. I did the Wolfe mini tub kit. Good luck.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:23 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great Tom. Cant wait for track times. Hurry up already!

Coach
Old 04-03-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Tom, that car looks AWESOME. I had a question on the fitment of your rear tires. Did you alter the front of the rear wheelwells? Or did you leave it alone and just cut the back bumper area and move the rear end back? How do you think they'd fit with a non-minitubbed car "heightwise". Think they'd be fine, just not allowing much area for the car to "sit" over the tire. Thanks for any info.

Chris