Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What am I doing wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 12:48 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What am I doing wrong?

I can't seem to launch my car for the life of me.

600/500 Procharged GTO with built IRS Manual Tranny, Spec Stage 3
15" Bogarts with MT ET DRs and skinnies up front

I have tried anything from 3800-4200rpm launches and I either bog or spin like hell and can't do any better than 1.85 60s.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? What techniques should I work on? How much do i need to heat up the MT ET DRs?
Old 05-11-2006, 01:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TrakDay
I can't seem to launch my car for the life of me.

600/500 Procharged GTO with built IRS Manual Tranny, Spec Stage 3
15" Bogarts with MT ET DRs and skinnies up front

I have tried anything from 3800-4200rpm launches and I either bog or spin like hell and can't do any better than 1.85 60s.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? What techniques should I work on? How much do i need to heat up the MT ET DRs?
if you slip the clutch then itll quell both. its all about finding that sweet spot. also the mt's dont like a lot of heat in warmer weather. what psi you runnin in the tires? also any suspension mods to help her not hop and what not?
Old 05-11-2006, 01:33 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
if you slip the clutch then itll quell both. its all about finding that sweet spot. also the mt's dont like a lot of heat in warmer weather. what psi you runnin in the tires? also any suspension mods to help her not hop and what not?
Yeah. well I am in Florida, so its usually fairly hot. The car has HAL QA1 Shocks, with Air bags in the stock springs, and I run 17-18psi in the rear tires, which is recomended due to the weight of the vehicle.

i don't get any wheel hop at all anymore, so thats not a problem. I also have a 2 way LSD and 3.73 gears in the car now. I guess next time out I will attempt to slip the clutch as now I just knee jerk off of the clutch and go from there. I am not worried about my shifts on the way down teh track... and a few people have also commented that my car sounds like an Auto because I am in and out of gears so quickly, and I do not power shift.

Any help will be appreciated as I am trying to learn!

Thanks