Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What is Considered SI?

Are there certian cans and cants of SI?

What parts are considered SI?

Tony.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything you can bolt on the "outside" of the engine is cool. If you have to open the engine up to add something that goes inside, its not SI anymore.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From my understanding, when you replace anything that oil touches, you are no longer Stock Internal. They are so strict on this, that even just ARP rod bolts will disqualify you.

What I'm not clear on is if you HAVE to replace something, if you go back in with a factory part, whether this DQ's you or not.

In any case, I'm only planning on doing an LS6 intake and a Powerbond pulley to complete my bolt-ons and get on the SI list.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im pretty sure if you replace something to OEM w/ stock gaskets and such its fine
Old 05-13-2006, 02:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

once you tear it apart its not stock to some people as they will tend not to believe anyone that has tore apart any motor....look at my combo its a stock 98 longblock with some stock 241 heads and alot of people say its not stock but some say it is . Some say since I had the heads off I could have done other stuff like rod bolts, a small cam ,mildy ported heads or anything .But as time goes by there will no more thing as SI OEM from showroom floor. Maybe there will be a list for rebuilt SI but I dont see that happening.

The list is just a list but as long as you know its stock dont worry about being on a list as others will still say good job either way.