Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big mikes killer..

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 05:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fash00
how much is the rear narrowed and what Bs wheels?
Thanks for the compliments guys.... NRC gets all the props! Jay and Bob are the best!

The rear is narrowed a full 12"!!! Thats short, by alot. Most rears I've seen for our cars are narrowed 6" at the most. The back spacing is 3.5" on the wheels.

PS, these beauties are going up front!

Old 05-23-2006, 06:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Mike is that with the LCA mounts in the stock location? That lip on the rear rims is sick!
Old 05-23-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Hey Mike is that with the LCA mounts in the stock location? That lip on the rear rims is sick!

as of right now its appears that it will work with the arms offset to the inside and still clear the tire...in those pics theres still a good amount of room between the tire and inside wall of the tub... as you can see in this pic, the tubs are wide...i might have to trim the bottom of the tub a little more around the mount for the arm since its gonna be angled inward... we'll see today..

jay
Old 05-23-2006, 07:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Very nice. I am impressed but NRC has always done impressive work.

thankyou sir.. and thanks to everyone else for the compliments...

jay / bob
Old 05-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Launching!

SOO...Let me get this straight. The car has "stock-type" suspension, BUT the control arm mounts on the rearend have been moved to allow the rear to be narrowed so much. Is this right?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Launching!

also...are you going to have to trim the front and rear sides of the fender to fit the tire? The reason I ask...Is that I am going to do the same thing except I am narrowing the rear 7" and using a 5" backspace wheel.( I think I will be about an inch wider).
Old 05-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That does look badass. NRC, do you guys stretch the wheel opening to accomodate a larger tire? I'm not sure how big I'll end up going, but I know once I put the spray on my car, I'm gona need to go to a bigger tire, and I'd like to have the thing clearanced so it doesn't look hack like alot of cars, not sure about the whole minitub, I dont' think I'll ever need that much.

PM me some rough idea as to what a project like that would cost, so I have some idea what I'll be looking at when I'm ready.

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That is exactly what Im looking at dong. that is very nice work. how wide of a rim are you guys running and what size tire is that.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jshiver
SOO...Let me get this straight. The car has "stock-type" suspension, BUT the control arm mounts on the rearend have been moved to allow the rear to be narrowed so much. Is this right?

yes.. my father actually did the same on his own car yrs ago... moved the mounts on the rear.. the rear did'nt need to be narrowed this much, if W2W left some more of it on there, the wheel could have been split in the middle(5 inch backspace/10"wheel) there must have been a reason they narrowed it some much for daves car, but in this particular application it could have been probably 2-3 inches wider per side and then mike would'nt need to use a wheel with 3 inches of backspacing..

as far as trimming the 1/4's.. yes nothing crazy but yes... I did trim the front a little and the bumper cover was already cut by mike from his previous set up.. I'll take a pic of the front of the wheel well when i go back to the shop after lunch..

jay
Old 05-23-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1fstTA
That is exactly what Im looking at dong. that is very nice work. how wide of a rim are you guys running and what size tire is that.

thankyou, 10" wide wheel, 29.5x10.5 W tire..
Old 05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
That does look badass. NRC, do you guys stretch the wheel opening to accomodate a larger tire? I'm not sure how big I'll end up going, but I know once I put the spray on my car, I'm gona need to go to a bigger tire, and I'd like to have the thing clearanced so it doesn't look hack like alot of cars, not sure about the whole minitub, I dont' think I'll ever need that much.

PM me some rough idea as to what a project like that would cost, so I have some idea what I'll be looking at when I'm ready.

Thanks.

keep in mind this mini tub is pretty wide..16 3/4 inches from the middle of the wheel well opening to the inside of the tub.. mike's tire fits in there with room to spare, so if you wanted to run something smaller(tire wise) theres no reason why we could just make the tubs smaller(width wise) ... then the tire would be under the car and your car would'nt sit high in the rear like they do with stock tubs and larger tires...

jay
Old 05-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

NOt looking to run top fuel size tires like it looks like Mike is that's for sure. I do understand the ride height issue, but on the other hand I don't want to run into tunnel clearnace problems or anything like that either, so the rie height in the rear will probably stay a little higher then stock because of that.

At the most, I don't think that anymore then a 28x10.5 will ever be on my car, so I'd only have to do what is needed to get that to clear, rear ride hieght might be dropped an inch or so when I go to that size tire... I'm planning on running 27x11.5 hoosier qtp's this year, they should be enough until I get all the weight out of my car and put the nitrous on.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Looks great!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NRC-Motorsports
yes.. my father actually did the same on his own car yrs ago... moved the mounts on the rear.. the rear did'nt need to be narrowed this much, if W2W left some more of it on there, the wheel could have been split in the middle(5 inch backspace/10"wheel) there must have been a reason they narrowed it some much for daves car, but in this particular application it could have been probably 2-3 inches wider per side and then mike would'nt need to use a wheel with 3 inches of backspacing..

as far as trimming the 1/4's.. yes nothing crazy but yes... I did trim the front a little and the bumper cover was already cut by mike from his previous set up.. I'll take a pic of the front of the wheel well when i go back to the shop after lunch..

jay
Thanks Jay,
Your work speaks volumes. I love it when people take pride in doing a good job. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:35 AM
8 second mod

looks good for a gay guys car. lol

jk mike, ant wait to see that thing go!!!!! good luck.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Noyzee
looks good for a gay guys car. lol

jk mike, ant wait to see that thing go!!!!! good luck.

I almost fell of my chair Brad!!!!! Good one.... I take my paybacks like a man!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

W's look real nice tucked in there
Old 05-23-2006, 11:49 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Big Mike

I almost fell of my chair Brad!!!!! Good one.... I take my paybacks like a man!
you know i love ya mike

on a real note, the car looks great.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:07 PM
7 Second Club

damn, that's very clean (except the rubber build-up). Great work NRC!

Mike, I'm assuming it might run a hair quicker than before to need the new tire?

Derek
Old 05-23-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Villain281H
damn, that's very clean (except the rubber build-up). Great work NRC!

Mike, I'm assuming it might run a hair quicker than before to need the new tire?

Derek

Just a little quicker... I think a 94mm turbo makes a little more power than a 300 shot of nitrous! FWIW, the car will be repainted before she make her debut.

Quick Reply: big mikes killer..