Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro Stock Wing's

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 08:33 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I meant no offense by it. I just don't like the look of it.

And in the case of my car, Big Mike's car and a few others the wing that I posted is far better for the speed the car will go. In general, the Camaro/Firebird remains pretty stable into the bottom 8's at a 170. So a wing on anything running mid 8's and up really isn't needed anyway. So you had best better need a wing if you're going to put it on. Otherwise it's straigt up silly regardless of how it looks.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DERTY
The spill plates are a big part of what makes the wing functional. Without them, you might as well go find yourself a blingy aluminum and carbon fiber ricer wing because it will be just as useless. It just so happens that both the Camaro/Firebird and Mustangs benefit from having the lower spill plates on the car and in most cases the larger the better. The version that Dave has is the same style that I have in the pictures against the black TA. The only difference is that I haven't bolted on my wicker or the spill plates yet.

I realized it wouldn't have the same affects, just didn't know if there were varying options of how far it dips down. didn't realize they were multi-piece and you didn't have the sides on the picture of the pontiac at the top of the thread. But I guess you'd be right, if they are stable up to that speed, then my worry for other driver's being able to see my left/right turn signal on the street, really isn't one since MOST street cars aren't running 170mph. definitely not mine atleast. I just liked the look
Old 07-01-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the wing i posted in the picture. I may not need it but for some reason i like it.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:00 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
I like the wing i posted in the picture. I may not need it but for some reason i like it.
Well you are welcome to come by my house and check it out and if you still like it you can have it copied.

Yeah I know we don't run 180mph plus so we don't need that was what was told to Racin Jason a few years ago when he was running a 10.5 tire class that was limited to a stock wing and he was running a Mustang Coupe and it unloaded the tires and he crashed and died from the crash.After the crash and with him dying they allowed rear wings.So for you people to say that it isn't needed under 180mph are good and you use your own judgement.I wish the best for you but please don't knock those that choose to use them and I hope to not read later that you were wrong.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

I Just need to find someone who can copy it.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:23 PM
10 Second Club

Hey Nine finger, Do you happen to know how to install dzus on a pin on hatch?
Old 07-02-2006, 03:35 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Hey Nine finger, Do you happen to know how to install dzus on a pin on hatch?
I am sure that I could find somebody that could copy it.
As for the Dzues on the hatch you will probably have to build a small frame inside of the hatch area to fasten it to.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

Let me know if you can get it copied and how much. I don't care what derty says about it i like it.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:01 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think those new wings look like the flying nun's hat - they may work better but I think the old aluminum wings look a lot better..

Quick Reply: Pro Stock Wing's