Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel hoes near bellhousing, rules?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006 | 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

Default Fuel hoes near bellhousing, rules?

I read somewhere that the fuel lines have to be enclosed near the bellhousing. I am about to run my fuel lines, Aeroquip socketless and need to know more about this rule.

This is an LS1 in a Chevelle.
The very rear of my motor is about an inch from the firewall so most of the bellhousing is behind the firewall. I want to mount my fuel pressure regulator on the firewall, but am worried I won't pass tech.

Any insight appreciated.
Old 09-28-2006 | 11:29 AM
11 Second Club
10 Year Member

You should be able to find what you are looking for here.

http://members.tripod.com/MY5LTR/NHRArules.html

and here

http://www.nhra.com/content/general....le%20revisions

If they are near the bellhousing, they will probably have to be protected somehow, they don't want shrapnel hitting these and causing a big fire.
Old 09-28-2006 | 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah looks like they need to be protected or steel braided.

What about this statement? Does this mean I can not mount the fuel pressure regulator on the firewall?

Fuel blocks must be located at least 6-inches (15.2 cm) forward of the flywheel/bellhousing area.

From the rule book:
Lines: All non-OEM fuel lines (including gauge and/or data recorder lines) must be metallic, steel-braided or FIA accepted "woven pushlock". A maximum of 12-inches (30.5 cm) total (front to rear) of non-metallic or non-steel braided is permitted for connection purposes only; individual injector nozzle and motorcycle fuel lines are excluded. Fuel lines (except steel braided lines) in flywheel/bellhousing area must be enclosed in a 16-inch (40.6 cm) length of steel tubing, 1/8-inch (3.2 mm) minimum wall thickness, securely mounted as a protection against fuel line rupture. It is mandatory that fuel lines passing supercharger drive belts be steel braided or be enclosed in protective steel tubing. Fuel lines must not be routed in the driveshaft tunnel.
Old 09-28-2006 | 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stealth71
Yeah looks like they need to be protected or steel braided.

What about this statement? Does this mean I can not mount the fuel pressure regulator on the firewall?

Fuel blocks must be located at least 6-inches (15.2 cm) forward of the flywheel/bellhousing area.

From the rule book:
Lines: All non-OEM fuel lines (including gauge and/or data recorder lines) must be metallic, steel-braided or FIA accepted "woven pushlock". A maximum of 12-inches (30.5 cm) total (front to rear) of non-metallic or non-steel braided is permitted for connection purposes only; individual injector nozzle and motorcycle fuel lines are excluded. Fuel lines (except steel braided lines) in flywheel/bellhousing area must be enclosed in a 16-inch (40.6 cm) length of steel tubing, 1/8-inch (3.2 mm) minimum wall thickness, securely mounted as a protection against fuel line rupture. It is mandatory that fuel lines passing supercharger drive belts be steel braided or be enclosed in protective steel tubing. Fuel lines must not be routed in the driveshaft tunnel.
EXCACTLY,no fuel regs, or even the fuel pressure dampner for the inside gauge ,all has to be 6" min, like it says i heve seen guys fail tech[again its just up to the tech dept] but a good track will bounce you for it, bob
Old 09-28-2006 | 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply: Fuel hoes near bellhousing, rules?