Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enclosed trailer guys Need soem help

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 08:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Enclosed trailer guys Need soem help

i got a 24ft(box) enclsoed trailer when i got it the floor was kind shtty from being used as a landscaping trailer. I just finished yesterday puting a new floor in it. Took me 3 full days but i got a lil carryed away. wire wheels all the crossmebers and painted them and what not. Anyways im looking for something to protect the new floor. I was thinking some dimaond plate .030 4x8 sheets i figured it whould run me 800 but i fear it being like a ice ring if it where to get wet or spill somthing. I also thought about painting it but i dont want it to wear off and have to do it every year. my origal idea was a checkered floor but the slipry factor comes in and im kinda woried how it will last for a few years.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:43 PM
LC
TECH Resident

hmm

spray bed liner? or what ever that thing is called?

line-x or rhino something...

$2c
Old 11-12-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, diamond plate adds plenty of weight (not sure if that's even concern) and you do have the slippery factor. I really prefer industrial type carpet. I dont' have any pics but thats what us and our buddies all run.

You can find durable paint, our old trailer we painted and after 2 years there was no need for repainting. Again you run into the slippery problem.

I don't know of any carpet to recommend but if someone else can chime in with some I'd say that's the way to go.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Staging Lane

Checker Tile that bad boy! 12"x12" or 6"x6" vynal tile.

Matt
Old 11-12-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

i second the vinyl tiles.. they make the skid resistant ones and be alot cheaper then diamond plates
Old 11-12-2006, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your trailer is 102" wide, a 4x8 sheet wont be wide enough. youll have to go 4x10. I've done a lot of interior work in race car haulers and diamond plate is your best bet.

carpet gets nasty quick, and the weight of the car flattens it out.

from a money standpoint, you can vinyl the floor, and put in diamond plate runners where the car drives up, and do the first 8ft of the trailer in solid diamond plate due to it being a "high traffic" area.

Can diamond plate get slick when wet? Yea, but just use common sense if its wet. A good quality line x could be another option.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:43 PM
10 Second Club

The diamond plate trucks we have at work get very slick when wet. If you use Line-X, it will probrably be hit or miss. We have a Line-Xed diamond plate floor in one of our cube vans and we can't keep the **** from chipping. Had the same issues with textured epoxy coatings also.

Now, in our big insulated cube we have an awesome alum. floor. It has very small serrated ridges in it. It is by far the best floor covering material I have seen. It can be alittle tough to clean but you can spill oil all over it and it won't be slick at all.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:26 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

I have carpet with polished diamond plate on the ramp & runners for the car tires.

I keep 2 of the big drip trays from pep boys or ?? under the car and my carpet looks great. I have some spots where stuff was spilled, but a can of carpet spray usually gets most spots out. I've seen way too many vinyl floors tear up. As said, it gets frigging slippery. They have tons of cool looking office type carpet, pretty cheap, very strong.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970
I have carpet with polished diamond plate on the ramp & runners for the car tires.

I keep 2 of the big drip trays from pep boys or ?? under the car and my carpet looks great. I have some spots where stuff was spilled, but a can of carpet spray usually gets most spots out. I've seen way too many vinyl floors tear up. As said, it gets frigging slippery. They have tons of cool looking office type carpet, pretty cheap, very strong.
Yes, I forgot to mention that. Most people I've seen put diamond plate where the tires of the car will sit to avoid the carpet getting damaged. I've seen dip trays or just use mats to soak up whatever fluids might come out of the car. Vinyl seems to get color to it quicky and doesn't take abuse the best (what I've seen anyway). Carpet like you might see in stores is perfect, strong and looks fine and you avoid the slipper factor.

I like the look of diamond plate, the cost and added weight just aren't worth it to me though.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

If you keep up with the carpet and make sure it stays clean, this is the best way to go.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:46 AM
11 Second Club

I went with non skid garage floor paint, it's rough like sandpaper, and after one season it looks great yet.