Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil and Filters

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AF1Bird
My car will still be there, it will probably be there for a while. A speed shop by me (S&S Speed Shop) is building my motor. They have been around a long time. They build Bruce's motors. There are no Napa auto parts stores around here. I will have to search on here for a place that sells them. you will most likely see my car there. I am going up there hopefully in 2 weeks to bring my motor, rear, tranny, rims, tires, etc. The only thing left stock on my car will be the shell. I am really hoping it meets my expectations. Ken is going to be doing my tuning and whatever needs to be done with the Big Stuff 3. if i do not see ya there maybe we could hook up at the track or shows. No one around here drives American cars. They are all jap cars.

you're a ways away from me to run into me at a car show.. but meetign up at the track someday would be cool. What are you expecting the car to run when it's all done, with a 408 and a procharger, I'd guess it's a th400 or glide car, and should be somewhere in the single digits....

I've heard of s&s, and everything I have ever heard was always good. I'd take their reccommendation on the oil.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running a race set up 6 spd. I am running a custom nitrous set up on top too. All said and done I would like to be low 9's. The speed shop and Bruce both feel I will be in the low 9's. I went with all tubular suspension to lighten it up too, it is just about all gutted of extra weight. I went with a Moser 9" with a 3.90 spool. I hope it is. Thanks again for your help. maybe see you at eastside or the track. Take care.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone know where to get the Valvoline race oil?
Old 01-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Race your car!

napa can get you vr-1, if that's what you are looking for.

When you go to have the car tuned, talk to eastside, Gary works at a napa in wallingford during the day, I'm sure he can hook you up.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:16 AM
Staging Lane

O.K. Thanks. What do you think of that oil?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:49 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

I always push the system one. It's reusable and you want to check your filter often. I use it as another testing tool, like checking plugs, leak down & spring pressure.

Oil I always break in with Penzoil and race with Syn. My slow car we use mobil one and the fast car, a race only type, I have no problems with any of them, they are all excellent, yes they are $10+ but engines are 50,000, cheap insurance.

Good luck, sounds like u should fly.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by AF1Bird
O.K. Thanks. What do you think of that oil?

noyzee ran the vr1 oil in his motors and had good lucj with it, his 346 made over 150 passes with 250-300 of nitrous to it, and it never had a failure... so I'd guess the oil is probably good.

I seriously thought abotu running that stuff.. but with the intervals I change the castrol 20-50, I really see no need for it, I'm changing it every time the car goes to the track, ( so figure 2 to 6 passes at the track ) and if I'm not going to the track, every other month during the season, figuring I might put 50 miles a week on the car in the summer going ot car shows, 80 if I take it to work and go to the show up that way (55 mile round trip)

I think I'm changing it often enough so that breakdown, really is no concern.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Staging Lane

O.K. Thanks guys.