Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice.....car is loose at the track....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:07 AM
CARTEK Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Hehe. Nothing like playing strong arm with two hands and one Knee and it still 'squirming' all over the track

That part sounds pretty normal to me!
My 10.51 pass took place wile trying to keep the car from crossing the centerline and hitting the wall down the entire 1320. The track was just too slippery that night.

Don't forget that this is the beginning of the season, there is very little rubber on the track, it is very cold, and your tires just don't create enough traction.

Also, maybe your posi is giving out and only applying power to one wheel?
Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Brandon,

Check the roll out on the tires. When I ordered my new 28x10.5 15's from M/T they sent me slicks that had a roll out that was 1.5" off and they were from the same mold. Your tires should be no more then 0.5" different in roll out. M/T is notorious for having tires that don't match.

I will say that with a posi this should not pull you to the left or the right, it should only overheat the posi and eventually brake it, but never the less I would check that first. The see if your car is 'square' like the other guys have said.
Good point on the roll out. I didn't think of that. I got 2 sets of MT's back to back that was 2" off on roll out. I switched to Goodyears because of that.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tektrans
Good point on the roll out. I didn't think of that. I got 2 sets of MT's back to back that was 2" off on roll out. I switched to Goodyears because of that.

alex what is roll out?? i never heard the term used before?

i did a few more WOT runs today coming home from work, and i think it ma be just the tires/wind on sunday there was about 20mph cross winds along w/ yesterday and today. the track was also very slick, i spun the tires every run

well im def hooked on the MT DRs so im just gonna use these Streets up and replace them in a few weeks.

thanks for all the advice everyone, im gonna just go through the car and check everything out to make sure nothing is off.

-brandon