Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to delete and properly remove all ABS/TCS???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to delete and properly remove all ABS/TCS???

I been doing a search and came up with no information on a step-by-step on how to pull my ABS and TCS. I need to know what all to pull and what I will no longer need. A 9 inch with no TCS and ABS is going in, as well as a SJM ABS and Line Lock kit. I would just like to take the time and pull all of this crap out. Please post If anybody has a link or any info on how to properly remove all of this.

Thanks,
Old 03-10-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SJM kit is EXCELLENT complete and step by step directions I just did this on my Formula
Old 03-11-2007, 07:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How much weight does it net you? How come you're pulling it out? Is it just for weight gains or you simply don't like haiving the features on your car?
Old 03-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
How much weight does it net you? How come you're pulling it out? Is it just for weight gains or you simply don't like haiving the features on your car?
Maybe someone who has actually weighed all of this can chime in, but I want to say somewhere in the 20s lbs if everything is pulled out. I just have no use for this stuff. It's not a daily driver anymore and we don't get snow in Texas. Personally, I like the response better of a non-abs equipped car. To each is own, but I really don't have a choice now with the 9 inch no channel rear is coming in. I'm just trying to get rid as much weight of the nose possible.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

Its somewhere between 15 and 20 lbs after everything is removed. I will weigh it this week when I install my SJM linelock/delete kit.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by black_z
Its somewhere between 15 and 20 lbs after everything is removed. I will weigh it this week when I install my SJM linelock/delete kit.
Does the instructions that come with the kit include step-by -step on what all to remove when deleting the ABS/TCS?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Directions are very detailed with picturials as well. If your kit includes the LL kit, detailed directions with a full schematic is included! If customers have any concerns or confusion, we are only a phone call away.

Weight removing is quite a bit and probably one of the best bang-for-buck modifications. Amount of weight removed depends on what model i.e. LT1/LS1 or if the customer has traction control etc. On average an easy 15lbs is removed...it can be as great as 20lbs once again depending on variables listed.

For the past 11 years our LL/ABS delete or just LL kits as always are in stock and ship within 24 business hours...many times same day!