Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pin on Hood Users

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pin on Hood Users

I am needing to know how to mount a pin on hood.....VFN sent the Zeus style faseners to hold it down but how are you guys attaching it to the body? Any pictures would be great
Old 03-13-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

You have to get round barstock and build a frame in the car, you then weld tabs to the frame and drill the hood for the d'zeus fasteners.

You might want to take it to a chassis shop.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:03 PM
9 Second Club

hehe, if he's asking how to mount it I'm sure he's not a welder.
Here are some pics of my install. For the side brackets I heated and bent the brackets and riveted them to some aluminum stock I found in home depot. I drilled the holes in the aluminum oversized to allow for some adjustment. I also installed the front center bracket the same way. For the back one's and the one's behind the headlights I bent up the aluminum stock and only bent the front one's slighlty to match the slope of the hood. After you get them all in take some blue painters tape and tape over the bracket's and the fenders, bumper, mark the holes, peel the tape back, put the hood on and pull the tape over the hood and mark and drill your holes. For the back ones I used my kids silly puddy and made an impression of the bracket on the hood and drilled from there. Drill from the front to the sides to the back. Then put all your fasteners on and lock them down. Then mark all the holes to mount the fasteners.
I'm not gonna lie, it's NOT easy. Another pair of hands will help as well as a GOOD set of drill bit's used with WD-40 when drilling. Your gonna need a torch, vice, rivet gun etc. and alot of patience.
Good luck man.

-Mark
Attached Thumbnails Pin on Hood Users-brack1.jpg   Pin on Hood Users-brack2.jpg   Pin on Hood Users-brack4.jpg   Pin on Hood Users-hoodin2.jpg   Pin on Hood Users-hoodin3.jpg  

Old 03-13-2007, 09:29 PM
10 Second Club

Old 03-14-2007, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

Well looks like there are a few various ways to mount them. We had come up with all these ideas to mount them and it looks like they all work......Thanks guys....
Old 03-14-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juiced
You have to get round barstock and build a frame in the car, you then weld tabs to the frame and drill the hood for the d'zeus fasteners.

You might want to take it to a chassis shop.

bar stock??? its not a tractor
Old 03-14-2007, 08:53 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss496
bar stock??? its not a tractor
No he's right, you use it to make the brackets, it actually makes for a very nice install if you know what you're doing (I don't ).
Fabricators use the barstock to mount the Duz fasteners in order to mount fenders or a front clip, etc.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn...bar stock seems like it would bw overkill....most ive see have been 1" tubing, or strap....
Old 03-15-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just used pins on mine.