TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's THE most important mod......$'sx3=speed

David
Old 03-25-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Yeah he had never made a pass on n2o, plus last pass he made was the 2nd rear ends last day LOL!! It started off with shattering the long side. Then he had the output shaft on the tranny and destroyed the first inside LOL. 2nd time it was just a tiny bit of wheel hop on a really sticky track He let out hoping the 1 second of it would not hurt it. Sure enough we jacked up the rear-end we started pulling out chunks of aluminum. When we got it up on a lift and lowered the cradle the rear-end came down with it and part of the tailshafts housing LOL!

You going to use the dry kit on the new motor or going a different route? We had a dry shot with the large NOS solenoid and a NOS nozzle with no jet. Made ~200rwhp extra. Was it a lot better to control because it was not a huge torque spike.
Yea, will be running the dry again, in three stages for a starting 300rwhp shot. Will be trying to keep the torque in check and have more of a boosted type curve. Nozzle location and style have a lot to do with getting a more progressive hit on the dry also.

keep us updated on your brothers car, it surely will be a 9's car when he has it ready and able.
Robert
Old 03-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

robert and mr powell - big thanks on the info - this is exactly what i am looking to do

as for breaking - dont care too much i have a tdi as the work commuter/grocery getter - this would be the fun car - and the nova is the dedicated drag car

i just want something for the street to drive around on but make a pretty serious pass at the track

i know what you mean about how to drive - had a high 11second vw gti - those 5 speeds have to be the weakest things ever created
Old 03-25-2007, 11:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dacajun
Well that just goes to show how fast they are going. These two videos are both on 1/4 mile tracks. Take a look at the MPH on the C4, 199mph. If this would be an 1/8 track, that would have to be a Top Fuel car to get that kinda a MPH. Sorry dude, both 1/4 tracks.
lol

Dude, it was a joke. I know that wasn't the 1/8
Old 03-26-2007, 01:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ninetres
lol

Dude, it was a joke. I know that wasn't the 1/8

Alright, I'm glad with got that clear. You just never know what some people believe on this site.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave you never did say what you are setting the car up for, are you going to run it in a class? I'd like to see it run when it's ready to go.