Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i hate panhard bars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default i hate panhard bars!!!

I was gonna blow up my car tonight!! Was puttin on my bar and what a PITA! I would get it centered and then there was too much preload on the bolts to pull them out. And i have to pull the one side out to tighten the rod end link. Cant tighten it while its in the car because i cant get a wrench in the bracket that it bolts to So i had to over adjust it so when i released the preload on the bolts it was centered. Then i got to pull it out to tighten the rod ends and the bolt was stripping its self out while taking the nut off. So now im left with a car on jack stands and no progress what so ever BTW, i would use a plum straight down from the fender and measure from that to the middle of the axle. Seems to work good. Anyone else got and other methods i could try?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
I was gonna blow up my car tonight!! Was puttin on my bar and what a PITA! I would get it centered and then there was too much preload on the bolts to pull them out. And i have to pull the one side out to tighten the rod end link. Cant tighten it while its in the car because i cant get a wrench in the bracket that it bolts to So i had to over adjust it so when i released the preload on the bolts it was centered. Then i got to pull it out to tighten the rod ends and the bolt was stripping its self out while taking the nut off. So now im left with a car on jack stands and no progress what so ever BTW, i would use a plum straight down from the fender and measure from that to the middle of the axle. Seems to work good. Anyone else got and other methods i could try?
Take 5 gallons of gasoline, pour it over the top of the car, light a match, and run away.

Just kidding Jerry, I know what you mean. I had a lot of trouble getting mine right to center the rear end. I always lift the car up, and load the differential with jack stands on the axle tubes, and go from there. To adjust it, can't you just drop down the one side and not the whole bar? Who's bar is it? Dual rod ended or poly/rod combo?
Old 03-27-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

its a Behind Bars Racecars with duel rod end links. Same one Camn Hawk uses. Ill get some new bolts today from Dennis and go at it again. Them im finally done with the suspension BS!! Finally!