Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with msd adjustible timing control

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default need help with msd adjustible timing control

It says turn the **** to 15 when i start it and thats stock timing. But you can set it to 7.5 deg. (in the middle) then "re-set" the unit so now my base it at 7.5 on the ****. My question is when i set the **** to 7.5 how to i re-set the unit? Its the msd 8680 box. thanks
Old 04-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
It says turn the **** to 15 when i start it and thats stock timing. But you can set it to 7.5 deg. (in the middle) then "re-set" the unit so now my base it at 7.5 on the ****. My question is when i set the **** to 7.5 how to i re-set the unit? Its the msd 8680 box. thanks
Is this a distributor engine, or one that is distributorless?

I run the "old style" distributor engine setup with the 8680 box with a MSD crank trigger.

I set the dial at 15 which is the most timing I will ever use. I then go to the crank trigger and set the timing with a timing light at the same max timing the engine needs which in my case is 38 degrees.

Now the setup is basically done and I use the dial to retard timing down from the max.

Don't know how you would make it work or setup with a distributorless ignition system.