Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 Springs? Drag??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V6 Springs? Drag??

Are there benefits to using these springs?? If so what are they? Anyone used them before?? I have BMR's right now..Any info would be great!! Would this give more weight transfer??
Old 04-11-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe there is no benefit. the days of guys believing you needed the rear to squat are over with today's tires. stick with stock springs or those BMR springs. they are great. i have gone 1.3 60' with my car lowered.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a good question i know on mustangs it helps out a lot i wonder if that apply's to camaro's? hopefully some one will know...
Old 04-11-2007, 01:30 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a V6 rear spring swap on my '94 a few years ago. Unfortunately I only did "back road" testing and did not go back to the track before doing some other mods. So , not even some "semi-scientific" results where I can say my sixty foot went from "x" to "y" with them.

What I can say is that I was immediately and totally convinced that it aided in weight transfer. This is based on SOTP, but a very imformed SOTP gauge. I am very in tune with my car and what it is doing and the first time I lined the car up and nailed it I was sure it was making a difference.

Like gator said, you don't want squat. Squat is actually bad. However, I got improved weight transfer out of them and that was a good thing.

Differrent setups will react in different ways, but if you have access to a cheap pair of V6 rear springs, I'd say give it a try. ****, the install will take you 10 minutes.

I am running QA1 adjustables all the way around, but did not have them on the back when I did the spring swap. Depending on track conditions, I dial them up or down in the back.