Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to determine what size primaries and collector you need for longtubes headers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007 | 06:25 PM
Teching In

Default How to determine what size primaries and collector you need for longtubes headers?

searched alot to answer this question. but i didnt get a clear answer.
now, am sure that most of the guys here choose their headers upon consultation and recommendation only . and am sure that there is some formula to calculate this.
i mean why should i go with 1 7/8 stepped to 2 then a 3 inch collector ? why not the 1 7/8 to stright 3 inch collector. went through many threads and found out that i have to consider bore, stroke, head flow numbers, peak hp RPM and finally Exhaust Valve Opening Point !! how can i put it together ??
that is the only calculator i found ? yet you cant determine wether u need to have stepped one's or not. http://slowgt.com/Calc2.htm#Header

to be honest with you guys am doing 10.1 et with N/A 408 ci motor and am using 1 3/4 only !! and that is through a 3 inch exhaust pipes to the back bumber including two bullets. and am thinking of changing them to bigger ones .

the market is full of headers with different dimensions.

why kooks 1 7/8 stepped to 2 inch then a 3 1/2 inch collector ? maybe it will kill the motor !! maybe 1 7/8 to 3 inch collector is better .

thats why i need to know how to determine .

please guys need your contribution.

Last edited by Brainful; 05-06-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2007 | 10:35 PM
Teching In

come on guys !! u garra have an answer !!
Old 05-07-2007 | 06:05 AM
Teching In

i cant imagine that no one can even contribute to this thread , its Ls1tech guys