Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear bumper cover removal method?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007 | 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Default Rear bumper cover removal method?

Going to remove the rear bumper cover so that I can remove the rear bumper support. Have never attempted this, where do I start? Thanks in advance.

Brad
Old 05-08-2007 | 01:49 PM
On The Tree

I took mine off of my LT1 Formula. The tail lights and the plastic between them had to come off. Then there are push clips on the top side of the bumper cover. Pull the center section up, then the rest of the clip will come out. There is either 1 or 2 screws in the wheel well with another push clip. Take the side lights out of the bumper cover. On the bottom of the bumper cover, clips are in the bumper. Just pull those out. Then the bumper cover should come off. The bumper unbolts from the back side under the car. I dont know about the Camaros but my Firebird needed part of the bumper for the clips to hold the bumper cover on. I cut as much of the bumper off with a razor blade while still keeping enough material for the rivets that hold the top part on, so I could use the clips.

I know the last part was confusing. The bulk of the bumper was attached to the top part by thin strips of rubber. You could just cut them or cut more of the top part off.
Old 05-08-2007 | 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you sir!