Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to the track ADVANCED?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 04:15 AM
JUICED96Z

Default Going to the track ADVANCED?

Any of you old timers with the faster (single diget cars) want to do a write up on going to te track with the faster cars?

I just took a HUGE jump in power and got another car ( 2 stage BBC ).

If no write up anything you need to look out for? Car will hook fairly well on a small tire, to T-brake.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the only piece of advice that anyone is going to give you is take it slow. make some 60' and 330' hits before trying to get that almighty timeslip.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd leave the nitrous off for the first day with it, launch the car and shut it down, get used to that and work your way up from there.... with a new car you have alot to learn, tire pressures it likes, etc.etc.etc. Once you feel comfortable in it, hook up one stage (smaller of the 2) and make a couple launches, then go 1/8 mile and check the tuneup, make sure it's safe, and if all is going well then make a full run with one stage. Repeat with the 2nd stage only, so that you know both kits are working right.... and then start with both, do the same thing, run to the 330 and shut it off, make a 1.8 mile hit and check tuneup...

be cautious with it, doing so could save your life.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let them know its your 1st time down the track and in most cases they will let you run sollo a few times, that way you can get a look at the track and the turn off.. i think thats a big deal mostly so you know that to expect on the other end of the track.. you never want to cross over in front of the other car..

watch a few runs and how everyone else is handeling the water box.. some tracks let you drive through it, others freak ( i personally always drive around it and back into the water box, i like my front tires to stay dry)

dont run your ac in the staging lane.. (dont laugh)

always take your time and give the other guy some time to stage, you dont want to be rushed but dont pre stage and rush the other lane..(kinda like putting before everyone is on the green)

show up early, that way you can get a few passes and figure everything above out before the lanes will up and the crowd, every newbie has a fear of looking like a fool, if thats going to happen, do it early

Are you going to ORP? ORP is a great track but can be intimidating..
Old 05-22-2007, 03:22 AM
JUICED96Z

I have gone down the track here more then a few times, not worried about that end of things.

Also think its a good idea to 60 it and shut it down, Ill start off low in the RPM band and work my way up. Planed to do what JL said just wanted other opinions on it.

To me ORP is fine to me, yeah its a BIG NAME in drag racing but to me I have never been indimidated.

If traction is aproblem I will trailer it to 41 or Muncie.

As the cars sits no with near stock suspension and out of the box unported heads and intake it went 10.4@136 with a 1.8 60'. Low 300 shot. Bottom 11's on the motor.

WIth everything ported and the included suspension I am getting it BETTER run at least a bottom 9.

There is a local guy thats our MADMAN and I am going to have him put the suspension in and dial it in. Was told he will put it un the bumper with the 8 inch wheel lol.

It has a Coan stall in it, on the bottle is stalls at like 3800, I think that might be to tight for it.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry read the post wrong, wasnt saying you needed to be scared at ORP, just saying if it was your 1st time racing, it would be a little overwhelming there, but im sure its nothing you obviously cant handle.. hope to see you on the track..