Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Get KR when I pull the front wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007 | 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Default Get KR when I pull the front wheels

I use HPT to tune and can desensatise the knock sensors but wanted to know how some of you deal with it. I'd like to think they help if I do detonate but right now they are getting in the way. My car is not that fast, it only ran 11.49 the only time I ever pulled the wheels but my guess is that my ultra low Y pipe is smacking the ground on touch down. Any suggestions?

Hummer
Old 05-21-2007 | 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

Mine are desensatised enough to cover the burst KR you get on the actual launch and covers some of the false knock you get through spurts in your runs. My KR only last a split second and only goes to around 1 degree,very seldom does it go higher.
Old 05-21-2007 | 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
Mine are desensatised enough to cover the burst KR you get on the actual launch and covers some of the false knock you get through spurts in your runs. My KR only last a split second and only goes to around 1 degree,very seldom does it go higher.
Mine is seeing 3* but just in the last 3/4 of 1st gear. I might try this "double the decay rate table and halve the attack rate table. Then reduce the attack rate table by .9 at a time if nec."

Dosent Greg do your tuning? Maybe I should hollar @ him. The false knock you get in spurts is called Burst Knock, this is something I log in addition to normal KR. I'm not seeing any Burst Knock.
Old 05-21-2007 | 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

hmmm,then you actually have KR. You can hide it or try to fix it but give him a hollar about it and see if you can get it corrected. One thing we notice with these cars is that knock sensors collect water in the galleys under the intake and causes alot of KR from corrosion on the knock sensor itself and also dry rotting out the knock sensor wire,that will max out the kR and cause the car to feel like hitting the rev limiter in the higher part of the RPM band,something your not getting.

Anyway get in touch with him and see if he can help you get it fixed.
Old 05-21-2007 | 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
hmmm,then you actually have KR. You can hide it or try to fix it but give him a hollar about it and see if you can get it corrected. One thing we notice with these cars is that knock sensors collect water in the galleys under the intake and causes alot of KR from corrosion on the knock sensor itself and also dry rotting out the knock sensor wire,that will max out the kR and cause the car to feel like hitting the rev limiter in the higher part of the RPM band,something your not getting.

Anyway get in touch with him and see if he can help you get it fixed.
I will man thanks,what's his screen name?
BTW I changed both my knock sensors about a year ago, they looked good but went bad 1 at a time and threw DTC's.