Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7 second engine recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 07:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Money isnt everything. you have to know stuff, or know people that know stuff.

good luck in your travels

wrong-$$$$$ is everything-without it how the hell do we do stuff to our cars-

i know the people that have worked on my cars want the cash when the job is done-

if i want to go quicker-they charge me more-if u are getting stuff for free-give me their no and i will come over-

without money their is no-way even the people u know could to r&d
Old 07-05-2007, 08:10 AM
8 second mod

money is not every thing.

of course you need $$, but knowlage will save you tons and tons of $$$

the easy way to do something is get a pile of $$ and ship your car off, or for a 1/4 of the price you do it yourself.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

money is not every thing.

of course you need $$, but knowlage will save you tons and tons of $$$

the easy way to do something is get a pile of $$ and ship your car off, or for a 1/4 of the price you do it yourself.
I agree. I know that if i would have just shipped my car off it would have cost me **** ton more than it did.

It is still expensive as hell though
Old 07-05-2007, 08:24 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
I agree. I know that if i would have just shipped my car off it would have cost me **** ton more than it did.

It is still expensive as hell though
no as much as having some one do the work. labor is huge $$$
Old 07-05-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only labor I have paid for was someone to actually assemble my engine.
Just too much money in parts for me to mess that up!!!

I had someone quote me over $1k in labor to do a cam swap. Right then I decided to do everything I could myself.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:42 AM
8 second mod

i built my motor and it saved me god knows what. i also made my own exhaust build my own rear, all my own wiring ect ect ect. saves tons of $$$, just takes time
Old 07-05-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

i built my motor and it saved me god knows what. i also made my own exhaust build my own rear, all my own wiring ect ect ect. saves tons of $$$, just takes time

okay- i agree-but from this guys point of view -he wants to go quick-but he is in kuwait and the way he is coming across-he does not have the man power to build it himself-

i am sure he wants the parts and stuff from the us or a engine built and ready to go from the us-

i am sure he can do the labour stuff jimself-put the engine and stuff in but the freight and tunning side of things will be expensive has he already stated-

thats where i am coming from-

apart from that money in our life style aint everything when compared to our families and stuff-
Old 07-05-2007, 01:27 PM
8 second mod

without the knolage or man power you should probably start doing all your homework first, and start off slow rather then try to dive right in and do somthing no one has done yet. give it a shot if you have the wallet, if not stay with steps, or be prepaird to pay
Old 07-05-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nickn20
your best bet would be to ship your car to a shop here in the states, give them 125-150k and let them have it at, (W2W definitely comes to mind) you will have a car that will be as fast as you can drive it. Do it right or do it twice. good luck.
It's a good idea but i don't have enough time we are on the verge of championship, my time is just to order the motor.

Originally Posted by GueSS Who
It doesn't take 2K hp to get there

1150rwhp should get you to a 7.9 in a 3K lb car.

Now you just have to ask yourself how much you are going to have to spray to get there. If you make alot of motor then you don't have to spray alot. Either way you will have to have 2 stages or more to get the power you need. This has actually been my goal for sometime now. My car weighs in at 3020 with me in it. My high compression solid roller 412ci dart headed with sheetmetal intake and all the goodies to boot makes 559rwhp and 600+rwtq through an auto and 9in. You need to make atleast that just to be able to spray enough to get to the 1100rwhp mark. I plan on spraying 300 on each stage for a total of 600. I have done the 300 and the car made 820rwhp with the fogger but I was unable to get it right. I have since switched to a dry kit. Big injectors and a stout pump with 120 octane should get me there. It is hard to do and you will hurt things on the way. Since there is no one right now with that kind of power it is going to be hard to copy anyone. You just have to do it yourself and find out what works and what doesn't. I have spent an assload of money in my process and I still havn't made it there.
I understand you and i get a lot of a wonderful ideas from you ..

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
quick question Fahad. is your track a quarter mile track or a 400 metre track?
In my country is a querter mile track and in Bahrian a 400 meters. it's 4 hours by car to get there.

Originally Posted by spray
Call Dave at Canadian performance. He has solid top end stitting there that will bottom 8's high 7's easily. It nice stuff he has the iron Bowtie LSX block too!
I'll find out .. Thanks ..

Originally Posted by bluecajun5.3
give the guy some ideas.
i'm sure he's got the MONEY to spend.
Yes please.. i need more ideas ...

Guys.. i've talked with alot companies and they said with blower, high boost and LSX block 6 bolts you could see the low 7s but with LSX block and two stages they said maybe in mid or high 7s

I asked a company for motor to be in high 7s or low 8s and they give me these specs ( 455cid LSX block - ET Heads 255 - Solid cam 660."lift ) with two stage of nitrous around 500 shots. Is this would be worth??
Old 07-06-2007, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fahad
Yes it is, it's hard to find a pro tuner here in Kuwait, we have 2 shops of dyno's and another one under construction. anyway.. the car was put down 720rwhp after PFL tune 790rwhp with same shots 250hp. and best time was 9.5 with 300 shots

Before a while some shops they have agreements with some Americans pro tuner guys and we have deal with some of them but they asked for a huge amount.

Guys.. now the level that i arrive it is block LSX, ET heads 6 bolts (1/2"), sheet metal custom intake manifold and tow stages of nitrous.

W2W will cantact them soon after i get some estimates from other companies.
Fahad..... Dustin from Trtturbo.com was in Kuwait for a few months working on tunes and cars for Jassim (spelling)..... he uses HP Tuners. He told me that many of you guys over there have the funds to build amazing cars, but since most of you dont have tuning options yall tend to run Carb setups. You might want to take the opportunity to fly someone over there that can tune cars.

To run 7's you will need a 454LSX solid roller, Sheetmetal Intake, 2 inch headers, 3 stage nitrous system with over 500 on the first 2 stages and another 200 on the third, powerglide transmission, weight around 2600lbs or so..... and above all..... the right tuner to keep the combo alive.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Canadian Performance, Wheel2Wheel, or hkracingengines can all build you a great LSX block....

For the Sheetmetal intake I would recommend you contract Wilson Manifolds or a Beck Manifolds.

You will need a complete 1500rwhp fuel system. I couldnt imagine what that would cost.

plan to spend the house on suspension to get that fast straight. Madman, Wolfe both make suspension parts that will get ya going straight.

Wheels can be picked up from SJM Manufacturing... I think they sell Bogarts.

EDIT - Non sponsor link removed

Last edited by next; 07-06-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
Fahad..... Dustin from Trtturbo.com was in Kuwait for a few months working on tunes and cars for Jassim (spelling)..... he uses HP Tuners. He told me that many of you guys over there have the funds to build amazing cars, but since most of you dont have tuning options yall tend to run Carb setups. You might want to take the opportunity to fly someone over there that can tune cars.

To run 7's you will need a 454LSX solid roller, Sheetmetal Intake, 2 inch headers, 3 stage nitrous system with over 500 on the first 2 stages and another 200 on the third, powerglide transmission, weight around 2600lbs or so..... and above all..... the right tuner to keep the combo alive.

The spelling is correct

Yeah Dustin i know him, he's a nice guy.. and his work was excellent You're correct about the guys

You clarified an important point for us about tuning option and tend to run carbs setup for most drag racing cars.

You're right about that setup because now that's all what i've found it to be is 7s. and still waiting for other companies.

Thanks for the advice

Moderators.. why my thread have been moved to nitous section?? i'm looking for an engine ideas not for nitrous!!!

Please let me know

Last edited by Fahad; 07-06-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

The spelling is correct

Yeah Dustin i know him, he's a nice guy.. and his work was excellent You're correct about the guys

You clarified an important point for us about tuning option and tend to run carbs setup for most drag racing cars.

You're right about that setup because now that's all what i've found it to be is 7s. and still waiting for other companies.

Thanks for the advice

Moderators.. why my thread have been moved to nitous section?? i'm looking for an engine ideas not for nitrous!!!

Please let me know
PM sent.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Fahad,

Tell me where you want this thread and I'll move it - maybe the Drag Racing Tech forum?

edit - I went ahead and moved it there with a redirect and put a new title up for you "7 second engine recommendations"
Old 07-06-2007, 09:56 PM
9 Second Club

Guys I go to Kuwait on a regular basis and you would not believe the kind of money these guys have over there to spend on stuff.... They take Lamborghini's and drive them thru the mud for fun..... A 250,000 dollar setup is pocket change.....

Fahad, your two biggest problems as I see it is not getting someone to build the engine for you cuz money is money.... W2W would start working on it right now for the right price. your problem is going to be finding someone to tune it and really having an understanding about the difference between running 9.50's and 7's..... EVERYTHING on that car will probably need to be replaced or modified..... 6 point cage????? HAHAHAHAHA. That ain't gonna work. I just don't want to see you kill yourself putting a 7 second engine in front of a car that isn't ready for it.... I would say get yourself a plane ticket and go to W2W and talk to them in person. And then have them ship you the car when it is done.... A 7 second motor needs a 7 second car built around it..... If W2W builds you a car they will probably come out to kuwait and help you tune it and learn to drive it..... But that's gonna be big money. If you have the cash anythings possible....
Old 07-07-2007, 07:45 AM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

Originally Posted by unit213
Just one LSx car in the 6's to the best of my knowledge...Casper...
which was a full tube chassis car with twins and nitrous to spool
them if I recall correctly. That's a big $$$ car.

Fahad

I'm sure you know this, but there is a hell of a lot more involved in
building a 7 second car than just the motor. I'm assuming that you're
talking a backhalf car?
isn't the hardcore gto ls based? it's been 6's
Old 07-07-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by next
Fahad,

Tell me where you want this thread and I'll move it - maybe the Drag Racing Tech forum?

edit - I went ahead and moved it there with a redirect and put a new title up for you "7 second engine recommendations"
PM sent ...

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Guys I go to Kuwait on a regular basis and you would not believe the kind of money these guys have over there to spend on stuff.... They take Lamborghini's and drive them thru the mud for fun..... A 250,000 dollar setup is pocket change.....

Fahad, your two biggest problems as I see it is not getting someone to build the engine for you cuz money is money.... W2W would start working on it right now for the right price. your problem is going to be finding someone to tune it and really having an understanding about the difference between running 9.50's and 7's..... EVERYTHING on that car will probably need to be replaced or modified..... 6 point cage????? HAHAHAHAHA. That ain't gonna work. I just don't want to see you kill yourself putting a 7 second engine in front of a car that isn't ready for it.... I would say get yourself a plane ticket and go to W2W and talk to them in person. And then have them ship you the car when it is done.... A 7 second motor needs a 7 second car built around it..... If W2W builds you a car they will probably come out to kuwait and help you tune it and learn to drive it..... But that's gonna be big money. If you have the cash anythings possible....
I think you rushed to the topic..

Getting someone, ship the car and get plane ticket!!!!!!!! i know it's a good idea but if you want to pay for everything will agree

If i got more money i will stay in states for a while and buy a good drag car completed.

We've built the car for drag and no problem to build it again for the new engine. All the companies that i talked with them, they already asked me about the car setup and what's the recommendations to handle the new engine on the car so we've got everything about the car to be ready for 7s

7s class have a rules and to qualified we should to application of rules
Old 07-07-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steven Ferreday AKA Worm Boy has been 7.98 in a limited street /stock suspension setup. LS1 single turbo. Those cars have to weigh 3300 I think, In a lighter car with that setup would go mid 7's.

David
Old 07-07-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Steven Ferreday AKA Worm Boy has been 7.98 in a limited street /stock suspension setup. LS1 single turbo. Those cars have to weigh 3300 I think, In a lighter car with that setup would go mid 7's.

David

With weigh 3300 and stock suspension in 7s so why the others told me you can't see the 7s with that weight?
Old 07-07-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With weigh 3300 and stock suspension in 7s so why the others told me you can't see the 7s with that weight?

I don't know, in a 2900 lb F body that engine combo will go mid 7's.

David