Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wondering what E/T will be

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wondering what E/T will be

Hey everyone, haven't posted before, so I figured I would now.

I have a 1999 z28 camaro, with not that many mods done to it.

Just trying to figure out what my E/T would be.

Got LID, Filter, and complete ORX exhaust.

Any ideas?
Old 07-06-2007, 05:59 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

moving to the tech side of things. You may want to post up manual or auto, gearing, and what tires you'll be running.

Most stock autos can run anywhere from 13.0-14.0 with traction depending on location, DA, and weather.
Manuals can be a touch faster due to less drivetrain losses compared to a stock stall converter.

My Formula went 13.47 at 103 mph with a 2.06 60 foot on stock Goodyears in August FL air.

Derek

Last edited by Villain281H; 07-06-2007 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:15 AM
Teching In

Yeah, its an auto....

Im kind of pissed at the E/T I got.

When I first took the car out, all it had was a LID. I was launching at the green light, not the third yellow or whatever, and got a 13.7 at 105.7 mph, with a reaction time of .872

Shitty traction as well

Took it out tonight was running consistent 14-14.2s and this is now with my new true dual ORX.... speed decreased somewhat as well... and here is where I need a little help.

EDIT: had a not so bad reaction time of .2 to .3 this time around, significantly better than the .8 i had my previous track night

My current tires are some shitty Re-treads with very little traction to begin with. I can't hook at all. Do I just slam on the gas or am i supposed to ease it in? My first time at the track, easing the throttle in actually slowed me down by a tenth of a second. Tonights track was apparently not up to par either because a dust storm had previously blown through and lightly dusted the track.

Going to get some BFgoodrich Z rated tires, nothing fancy.... will this significantly help me hook?

Please guys, I need some help
Old 07-07-2007, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I would suggest buying some BFG extreme DR's and that baby is gona hook and you should run some mid to low 13's just depending on the tune of the car or maybe it has a mechanical set back somewhere? how many miles does it have on it? everything being equal it should blast of a 13.2-13.3 with your mods?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:20 AM
11 Second Club

Just because you changed the ory out and your times dropped, don't associate the two necessarily. Could be the humidity changed, temperature changed, less VHT on the track. And with a lid, ory & filter, yes, the car breathes better, but 13.x's still sounds normal. For big gains, it's cams, heads, tires & suspension changes that show differences. Oh yeah...losing lots of weight from the car.

Good luck

D
Old 07-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Just to clarify duffster, its an ORX that I have, not an ORY... I would expect some type of gain with that over just another cat back on stock manifolds right?

And from what I have been told, it really was shitty conditions out there. Weather was humid because of the subsequent storm/dust storm. About 85 degrees outside albeit humid as ****.

Stock z28s were running 14.5s... and mine was just kissing the 14s at 14.05

EDIT: The car is running strong at 108k miles on it
Old 07-08-2007, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

Put a converter in it and run mid 12s with some sticky tires.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Well yeah, I could put in a converter, but as I sidenote, I have not decided what route I will take to finish bolt ons and such.

For instance, I have yet to put on some headers (most likely going to be pacesetter), then maybe H/C... not entirely sure when would be a good time in the process of my build to stick in a converter. Sticky tires won't be happening any time soon either.