Sponsored by:

Good places to buy Roll cages?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good places to buy Roll cages?

Folks,
i am looking at getting a 6 point cage for my '91 Camaro, and i want one that doesnt require me to get rid of the back seats, and will have door swing outs.
I am having trouble trying to find one....can anyone recommend some places that sell cages? Or might have what i am looking for?
Also what is the difference between the 3rd and 4th gen f-bodys as far as the cages go... its basically the same frame and interior setup...why would a 4th gen cage fit, or will it?

Thanks
-Chris
Old 08-24-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

backseats are gone regardless, you can't put someone back there since the crossbar is in the way. You can weld the bars in so the seats can stay, but no one can sit in them safely.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:41 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You probably want a roll BAR, not a cage (no upper halo, no front down bars by or through the dash). If you aren't planning on running single digit times, a bar is what you want.

Plenty of places have roll bar kits available for your car. Check the sponsors of the site, or mail-order speed shops. Do a search and you'll find plenty of postings about installs and reviews (many with photos). Most seem to prefer Wolfe for a pre-done kit.
Also keep in mind you might be able to have a local race shop/chassis shop custom bend you a bar if you want a few things done differently (I had this done and it came out nicely).

Each kit is designed for a particular bodystyle and model, so without modification a 4th gen kit won't bolt-up to a 3rd gen.

Derek
Old 08-24-2007, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe www.wolferacecraft.com they may make one for ya. Very nice car btw. I had a 91 for years, miss it good luck in your search.

rob
Old 08-24-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Villain281H
You probably want a roll BAR, not a cage (no upper halo, no front down bars by or through the dash). If you aren't planning on running single digit times, a bar is what you want.

Plenty of places have roll bar kits available for your car. Check the sponsors of the site, or mail-order speed shops. Do a search and you'll find plenty of postings about installs and reviews (many with photos). Most seem to prefer Wolfe for a pre-done kit.
Also keep in mind you might be able to have a local race shop/chassis shop custom bend you a bar if you want a few things done differently (I had this done and it came out nicely).

Each kit is designed for a particular bodystyle and model, so without modification a 4th gen kit won't bolt-up to a 3rd gen.

Derek
What will be required?
I know the car will go faster than 11.49.
What do yall think of those uder $200 dollar Jeg 6 point roll cage for the camaro? I dont have alot of cash to spend. Wolfe's look nice, but about 1 grand for it is to much in my opinion.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you're installing it yourself then the jegs one is fine. I put in a competition engineering 6 point in my car with a buddy who's a certified welder. Took us 16 hours start to finish including ripping out the interior. If you're going to have it installed, the average rate is $75-150 per point...so start saving your pennies.

Quick Reply: Good places to buy Roll cages?