Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats the rules for 10.0-10.9

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default whats the rules for 10.0-10.9

i am sure then has been ask a hundard times, but i am haveing trouble finding anything with the search.
i am start to get in trouble with tech now, car is running mid 10's now.
i am going to get the rule book but for the mean while can someone please tell me everything i need for a mid to low 10 sec car.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:12 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try using advanced search. Just by typing in NHRA rules I got plenty of threads including:
www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730681&highlight=rules+NHRA
www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679739&highlight=rules+NHRA

NHRA has a quick reference chart here: www.nhra.com/tech_specs/ETQuickRef.html

It is current except for the helmet of Snell 95 or newer (it now must be 2000 or newer).

11.49-11.00 (in either a t-top cars with the tops installed while racing, or a hardtop), you'll need:
A driveshaft safety loop (if running slicks, or if running faster than 11.50 period).
A radiator overflow (factory overflow in most late-models is fine).
Neutral safety switch (again, if using a factory shifter, this should be already installed. Aftermarket shifters will require wiring this in).

Once you run faster than 11.4950, the rules change quite a bit.

A fixed roof car (t-tops okay as well if in place while racing) with un-altered floors, firewall and frame rails from 11.49 to 10.00 requires:

-A driveshaft safety loop (if running slicks, or if running faster than 11.50 period).
-A radiator overflow (factory overflow in most late-models is fine).
-Neutral safety switch (again, if using a factory shifter, this should be already installed. Aftermarket shifters will require wiring this in).
-A 5-point minimum roll bar (Driver side door bar can be a swing-out).

-Protective Clothing (SFI jacket)
-5 point harness (up to date, they must be replaced or re-certified every 2 years)
-SFI-approved flywheel and/or clutch, screw-in valve stems, only factory tint on windows.

-10.99 to 10.00 requires: aftermarket axles with positive retention (c-clip eliminators), trans blanket/shield, SFI harmonic balancer.

These are just the e.t. requirements. Do yourself a favor and get a rulebook for $10 and read up to make sure you don't miss something.

Derek

Quick Reply: whats the rules for 10.0-10.9