Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will putting VHT on street tires help??

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will putting VHT on street tires help??

I plan on going to the track and i cant afford any drag radials right now ......but with my 3500 stall im thinking i might be spinning too much on the launch, so im thinking about just easing off the line and letting my top end do all the work (but i know thats goign to kill my time!!!!)..... so im tryign to think of ways to make my street tires stickier and i was looking at this stuff called VHT track bite. It claims it will make any type of tire stickier but im just wanting some feedback on it and if it will make any difference of even help? thanks.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Every track I've been to sprays VHT on the track. Get to the track when the gates first open - there is usually over an hour before any cars are going to be going down the track - and walk to the starting line. Make sure your shoes are tied tight - I've been on tracks that are so sticky it will pull the shoes off your feet! I've never heard of people spraying it on their tires, but it probably wouldn't hurt (don't know if it'd help). After a pass, just driving back to the pits, the tires are so sticky that they're picking up stones and grass clippings along the way.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

I have heard that some tracks will let you pour VHT just after the water box for a burnout. I wouldn't put the VHT on the tires w/o doing a burnout btw. Same as water, you'll just spin off the line.

VHT can help ALOT especially on the street. I have been on streets that literally pulled my TIED shoes right off my feet. HAHAHA i was such a freakin NooB when that happened.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:34 PM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Or any tire treatment.

Quick Reply: Will putting VHT on street tires help??