Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cage install

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have a teeh cleaning in the morning, as long as that goes well. IE not a lot of cavaties I am going to put a down deposit/date holding fee at Burkhart

Yeah I have had some teeth problems in the past due to idiot dentists and my current dentist had to fix all of their mistakes hahaha. $$$$$$

Ill let Burkhart mess with the interior unless its going to be REALLY expensive. At least the dash.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL oddly enough I had to have an emergeny root canal(sp) today

So I was half medicated afterwards. I found my self on my back in the driver side putting all the damn wireing back together! Four hours later it was all done...even the Alarm system is back up and running.

Biggest PITA? Grant wired my horn button backwards. Took me about 45 minutes to figure out what was going on and de-solder and re-solder the wires in the right places. I even found time to trim the carpet around the front tube and make it look nice

Good luck man!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Just left a message on Daves phone, dentist visit went good
Old 10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

I talked to Dave yesterday at work and for how busy I am sure they are he does a VERY good job at calling people back.

Left a message Wed and told him that if I did not hear from him in an hour or two I would call him Thursday. Called him Thursday afternoon and told him to give me a call back that night and maybe two hours later he called me. It was a bad time for me and he said I could call him back later that night and I did.

I am taking my car to them early next year since they are allready pretty swamped for the winter.
He is charging me what I was thinking it was going to cost and for what all I am having done its pretty fair if you ask me. He said it would take about two months.

Also may be going with the lower 4 link brackets. I guess they are allready developing them for sotck style suspension cars to go inplace of the LCA relocation brackets. Said if will give me even more adjustability.

Here is the list

Burkhart molly 10 point cage painted and certified
Interior pulled and installed
Travel limmiter
Burkhart adjustable TQ arm
Burkhart double adjustable panhard rod
Burkhart rear weld in sway bar
LCA brackets put in or will go with the 4 link brackets

Told him I would be thrilled with a 1.3 60 foot time on my 8.5 wide ET street and he said not a problem

More then likley will swap out the Lakewood drag shocks up front for some QA1 adjustables.
I know down the road it will end up being AFCO's all around.

On a rotating scedule at work so once I find out next years scedule I am going to send them a down deposit for a date.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that is a lt of work! I could only imagine what that's gonna cost.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:19 AM
TECH Addict

Less then 4k

Couple thousand more in engine work also.

Shooting for 8's aint cheap.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:52 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

There is a lot of work that goes into putting a cage in the car. Check out our pic's on my car here.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=12
It did a 1.29 60 ft on dot radials at Memphis. Bob
Old 10-20-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE TOW RIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice looking car Bob.

A buddy of mine down here that I think has delt with you has a iron block 408 LS1 with a F1R, just put on the max pully with no meth, pump gas and ice packed in the IC bogging threw first and second (6 speed) on a unpreped track and racemaster tires ran like 11.1@130.

He is going TH-400 this winter and meth on top of that. Both of us are shooting for 150mph in the quarter.

I think he gave up on the procharger for his bike and going another route. Has a D1 for his daily driver LS1 T/A.

Once I get the chassis work done the heads and intake are coming off, carb is going back to Barry Grant to get tuned again then I am going to get the car up to you to get on the dyno.

As it sits untuned with out of the box heads and intake the car went 10.3-10.4@136 with like a 150 shot out of second gear. After its all said and done and you guys tune it I hope to spray a 275 out of the hole and run like a 8.8-8.9@150. On the 10 sec runs it was running like 11.1 on the motor. Crapy caremaster tires to. Has ET streets now.