Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

least intrusive 6 point?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 AM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Villain281H
John, it's funny what you about Bradenton, b/c they are back and forth like that. Most of the time tech is slack, but last time I was there it was strict and by the book!

A cage isn't the best idea for a car that still sees a lot of street time and will not be visiting the single digit zone IMHO. My Nova now has one b/c it needs it to visit the 9's.

Derek
ya ive never been there with them causing any **** but the last time they were being ****'s to everyone. they had a guy walking the pits all day bsing with people about there cars and then if they said they had something worth a damn he slap em on the wrist and tell em not to come back without everything required to run the e.t's.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Performance Auto Fab, a sponsor here>>>>>>..makes great custom roll bars and cages to fit each vehicle perfectly...I'm going with a 6 point over the winter with swing outs...The fit/finish/welds are astounding and his prices are good...

--Alan
Old 11-30-2007, 12:17 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

Chris the problem with a 10 pt cage is that very intrusive in a 4th gen. The front bars up at the top of the windshield end up being right near your head.

I'm using my friend Neil at Possessed Racing, a small chassis fabrication shop, to redo my front bars. I had run the front bars in front of the dash back in 2002 or 2003. He's going to try to tuck up the front and roof bars as much as possible, I'll take pics.

If I knew I only needed a 6 pt, and I was driving the car alot, I'd do removeable side bars no problem.