Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 09:58 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by .ALEX.
Cleary a car that does 9's in the 1/4 should be able to travel 1/2 the distance in 1/2 the time. So MM's 4.5X 1/8 mile would drag Brady's 4.96
Wow so based on your logic:

Not only does my Formula's 8.32 in the 1/8-mile not equal the 12.92 in the 1/4 on the same slip,

OR

my Nova's 6.64 in the 1/8-mile equal the 10.50 in the 1/4

Both runs were done on an NHRA-owned track on a state-of-the-art timing system, but it can't be right based on your calculations.

Guess I'll be calling NHRA headquarters tomorrow.

Derek
Old 02-06-2008 | 10:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

im not an idiot, kinda hard to type with sarcasm at times.

i was just going with what bronco had said, about not putting them in the same class being that one runs 9's in the 1/4 and one 4's in the 1/8.

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
If that's not ******* ricer math I don't know what is LOL. Thanks Alex, by your calculations my 9.6 car now runs the 1/8th in 4.8, I gotta go ez street racing
they dont call it EZ street for nothin
Old 02-06-2008 | 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Cleary a car that does 9's in the 1/4 should be able to travel 1/2 the distance in 1/2 the time. So MM's 4.5X 1/8 mile would drag Brady's 4.96
Read your signature and re-think your 'information'.
Old 02-06-2008 | 10:06 PM
Race your car!
20 Year Member

Too late, you've been dubbed village idiot already. Mine as well wear the shirt proudly, there's no recovering at this point.
Old 02-06-2008 | 10:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TS6
Not a good way for a sponsor to address someone, unprofessional would be puting it mildy.

MM's car is far from slow, in fact its probably faster than ALOT of your customers cars.

And to be honest, the reason I didn't donate any $$$ is that I see someone who is capable of building (and financing) a car of this caliber as someone who should be able to fix it when something happens. MM didn't ask for money or parts, but people see him as the "little guy" who is really setting the pace and decided they wanted him to continue with their help if need be.

I understand you are not a super high dollar shop but seriously, if you can afford to campaign a race car like that you should have a couple bucks to buy cheap stuff like what was needed here.

JMO, not worth much, and I'm sure you'll make that known.

For a second I was speechless, but then I came to my senses.....Madman, Brady and Tommy run this car basically out of their pockets.....I think they get very little help.

Do you have a CLUE what it takes to campaign a car like this? Out of your pocket? When Orsca pays out $2500 to WIN THE DAMN CLASS! You have to win EVERY race to break even. You got a Fuel bill,Tow rig fuel, food, entry fee, hotel and thats if the car doesnt break during the race. Depending on how far you gotta tow...thats $1500 EASY.

As far as Madmans customers...most ALL chassis/car shops have the majority of the clientel(sp?) in the 10-11 second zone, or slower...thats all most can afford and MAINTAIN.

The people who up and gave money felt like it. I did it because all 3 have helped me.....I would have given more if I had it.

Seeing as the Black Beotch should run 7.50 in the 1/4 mile.....a 7.50 and a 9 whatever is 2 whole worlds apart.

Put the car on a 10.5w tire and it would most likely go real low 7's

But seeing as you THINK they are only 1.2 seconds apart, and .2 equals a car length....do you think the black car can outrun MM's car with MM's car getting a 1.2 second head start off the tree?

SOme people just shouldnt breed.

BIG DAVE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 02-06-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-06-2008 | 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

this thread is hilarious
Old 02-06-2008 | 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

And it is time for this thread to die.
Old 02-07-2008 | 02:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Too late, you've been dubbed village idiot already. Mine as well wear the shirt proudly, there's no recovering at this point.
Not yet - that is sig worthy except "mine" will be "might".
Oh what the hell, I'll use the typo because this went from WTF?! to "dude, share the drugs or don't post".

oh
my
gawd
Old 02-08-2008 | 03:32 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Sorry, I had to jump in on this one too...

There is an old saying which says it is better to be thought of as an idiot, than to open ones mouth (or in this case the keyboard) and remove all doubt. If any of you have ever been to a dragstrip, then perhaps you might look at your timeslip to see that your eigth mile time is not 1/2 of your quarter mile time.

For a street car the multipier from 1/8 to 1/4 is ~1.57 the faster you go, the less that multipier is (1.54 for instance). But it is in that range...

Originally Posted by TS6
Also worth noting, the two cars are what, 1.2 seconds apart? I don't consider that a huge difference considering Bradys car is an all out DR race car and you could walk past MM's car in a parking lot and maybe say "nice rims" without so much as giving it a second glance.
maybe a second doesn't sound like alot. But, what is the difference between a 12.00 and a 10.80.... About 1.2 seconds. Think about that. Now, you start going faster, and 1.2 seconds is HUGE. So, go from a 10.80 to a 9.60.... Or a 9.60 to an 8.40... All 1.2 seconds. But the power requirements to accelerate mass are not linear. Its more of a exponential rate meaning you have to double the power. I could post up the requirements, but it suffices to say the requirements grow alot lot when you grow fast. So, small increments are big increases in power (more than you seem to think).

Here is another way to look at it. every .1 is a car length to a certain point. So, 1.2 seconds is like 12+ car lengths.

Y'all need to visit a dragstrip sometime...